What ADSL / modem / wireless router?

cheechy

Ok guys I'm looking for some top drawer advice on replacing my Netgear 834G Version 1 that is playing up and disconnecting lots for some reason now even with the last firware loaded up. Its not the ISP or BT as my backup USB modem is ok.

So I'm looking to go 'N' this time around. Is there any around with wireless N and gigabit ethernet support?

Failing that whats the current top performing home ADSL router modem kit?

I need help as I'm quickly getting p1ssed at the amount of times I'm being disconnected from my fave online games smashfreakB.gif

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

If you want another Netgear, this is the one to get : Draft N router

Am really happy with my 834GT but had similar problems which turned out to be the internal house wiring. And yes, like you, my USB modem was fine at the same time as the router was dropping connections. S/N ratio was dropping too low. Try opening the phone socket and using the test socket behind it to bypass the house wiring.

Thanks for that one Gren but it appears it isn't that. This is a BT installed socket that has no test socket (I'm assuming you mean a socket behind the faceplate).

I've been doing a bit of background reading and have come across a Linksys ADSL Router modem called the WAG-325N which has had good reviews. May just go ahead and get it.

[ QUOTE ]

All the big companies have an N wireless/modem/router but none of them seem to have gigbabit ethernet, just 100mbps.

I was looking for the same and couldn't find.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just had this months PC Pro through the door today. Its reviewing 802.11n rated routers, 4 or which have gigabit ethernet. Unless you can't wait the 20 or so seconds different to send a big file or have what 3 or 4 HD movies being streamed at the same time 100meg is still more than enough. 169144-ok.gif

Hi cheechy, just bought a belkin draft-n modem router last week. Not cheap (£100), but very easy to set up. Good range thoughout, including garden, and good speeds (78-130 Mbps desktop draft n, 54Mbps g laptop everywhere). Use a draft-n on desktops and g for laptop, as it had built in wi-fi card.

This is my first encounter with wi-fi -just wish i had gone done this route® long ago.

Excellent bit of kit -also got PS3 connected with 90-100% signal.