Changing the sat nav

gytha

Does anyone know if its possible/easy to change the sat nav system back to radio/cassette in an A4? I don't like the sat nav system and prefer my navman - he's much more helpful! - so want to get something more useful in place. I know I could probably upgrade the system (as mine is 02) but thought maybe replacing the system might be cheaper option.

Cheers

Thanks all for the advice. No idea which system it is but assume its the RNS-D as suggested. If I do try to track down an upgrade cd for it does anyone know if the updated version lets you (1) change Joan's voice (2) search by postcode (mine doesn't even let me put in a house number! Grr) (3) put in 'avoid area'? I already have the navman icn520 and he's wonderful so it was very annoying to take a step back with Joan. She was hopeless on a journey last week.

Hadn't thought about selling the system cos I'm sure no one would want it when there are more up to date versions on the market. Just seemed silly to keep it when I could fit something else in if it was easy/cheap. I really liked my Symphony on the A3.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks all for the advice. No idea which system it is but assume its the RNS-D as suggested. If I do try to track down an upgrade cd for it does anyone know if the updated version lets you (1) change Joan's voice (2) search by postcode (mine doesn't even let me put in a house number! Grr) (3) put in 'avoid area'? I already have the navman icn520 and he's wonderful so it was very annoying to take a step back with Joan. She was hopeless on a journey last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I had an RNS-D I got an Itis-enabled TravelPilot DX CD from the TeleAtlas website, that enabled TMC and had partial postcode searching (e.g. GU14 4).

Mine did have "sticky" avoid areas too - something that the RNS-E doesn't have.

Don't know any way to change "Joan's" voice, I think you're stuck with her.