The official Arsenal thread

DHA

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

lol.gif

The aisles are carpeted too I'm told ... or is that just a myth spread to make us poor northern fans feel inferior? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you sit in the no signing, no shouting section then yes they are. For those who like to make some noise at a game and are not afraid of the fat bitch in the pink hat (long story, will tell you in a PM if you want) then no we have to use the concrete floor. I also hear that your second team wink.gif gave us the number of a good caterer for prawn sandwiches for half time in the carpeted area.

I thought that was it. Was in the car 2-0 down, 10 men. Our last 5 domestic games were poor.

But, for everyone who says we have no character, our team bottles it when the pressure is on, look today. We have lost the last 3 times away to Bolton in the prem, they are our bogey team. The kids lead by Willy stepped up and showed we can do it.

I hope we cane Liverpool in the week and Bolton go down so we never have to play them again!

Come on the Arsenal

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope we cane Liverpool in the week and Bolton go down so we never have to play them again!

[/ QUOTE ]

One of those will happen. 169144-ok.gif

And I was wrong. Looks like Arsenal may have a chance of nicking second place after all... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

go on then......name which will happen.

not that i want you to make a rod for your back mind grin.gif.

• 2 weeks later...

As a neutral i thought it was a fantastic game of footy. It had me on the edge of my seat. Arsenal gifted it to Liverpool. Sendertoss was shocking for both goals. Walcotts run was pretty amazing and Arsenal should have shut up shop with only 7 mins left. All in a great advert for 2 of our premiership sides, no wonder the rest of the world watch it.

If I were Jorge Valdano I'd probably think I'd been watching 22+ :dung: on sticks for a couple of hours earlier.

Thankfully I'm not and while it might not quite have been the absolute last word in skill (but certainly it did have it's moments) it had buckets & buckets of everything else and was a top notch watch - much better than a Liverpool v Chelsea borefest.

I do wonder how on earth Wenger will get his team back up to full mental and physical pace for the match against ManU - time to earn those pennies Arsene (though I don't think it'll happen - might scuttle down to the bookies).

Totally agree with the above - what a magic advert for English football. Now where is DHA.....?

I was at Mr Watts.

I am still gutted this morning. So I wonder if Liverpool will get the refs to "help" them in the next 2 ties? What will it be this time?

Aahh - you went to watch it at Chez Gerard's....? I think that it was one of those incidents that can go either way - something like that in the penalty box can go either way.

However, the Kuyt incident last week was much more clear cut and that is what would aggrieve me if I was a Gooner.

It's not the actual loss that hurts mate, its the way we lost. Had Liverfool played us off the park over both legs then I would accept it, but they didn't. The refs hindered us in both legs with decisions they got wrong, couple that with our poor defensive record and it was goodnight Moscow.

Did you get my Real Madrid email?

rubbish. Let's say you were [rightly] given Hleb's penalty.

2-1

Then Torres' should also have been given for a blatant tug: 2-2 and 2 away goals

Yesterday in real time looked like a penalty for all the world. In replays it looked a very odd tangle of legs with minimal contact but there was contact; fine let's be magnanimous and not award it

2-2 and heading for extra time now

Then there was Babel's burst at the end. 3-2; 5-4 on agggregate.

Outcome? Goodbye and good night.

We have been there with all the possesion and no end product before. To win a game you have to stick the pig's bladder in the onion sack. This isn't gymnastics with points for pretty play.

Waylander are you blind and dumb as well as stupid?

Played off the park in both games.

How I hope Everton take 4th spot and Chelsea feck you over- Liverpool not being in the CL next year would more than make up for my disappointment with last nights result.

In the last 4 years Liverpool spent £100m on players, Chelsea spent £177m, Man Yoo £76m and Arsenal have spent nothing- They have earned £19m of profit selling players.

And the best Liverpool can do with £118m of player purchase differential is get results via refs decisions.

You must be so proud (sarcastic hat on). The future is bright and it will be Arsenals, come summer and Arsenal will spend some of the £120m pot for players that has been made available.

Come the summer and your have won nothing and will have failed to qualify for next years CL.

Best footie game I've seen this season, Walcott's run was awesome,