Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frodo

New A4(B8) Avant

39 posts in this topic

Anyone know when the dealers are supposed to be getting the Avant demo cars in? Also when is the likely announcement going to be for S-Tronic availabilty on the A4 range?

Demo's are due late July/August. S-tronic is still quite a way off I'm afriad :(

I tried one yesterday. This is in France and it was an 2.0D Ambition Luxe (top of the range) with multitronic box, dark grey/blue with light leather interior and panoramic sunroof. I could have got 10% off because it was a demo model but would have to wait 3 months to take delivery because that's when normal deliveries are scheduled to start.

I saw one up here in Scotland the other day. Thought they were on general release.

Eeek my A3 needs to be replaced at the end of January. Is the Avant S-Line, S-Tronic going to be available for me to order for delivery by then?

There are tons of A4 avants at my local dealer, was there on Saturday. Not sure about S-Tronic though...

Chas

B8 Avants, Chas?

Yep. A couple in the showroom, and a fair few outside... I saw a couple of 3.0TDi Quattros (from the back so knew what engine they had, other than that they could have been any!)

Chas

other than that they could have been any

That wouldn't be because they're all a little bit bland then, could it?

That wouldn't be because they're all a little bit bland then, could it?

Possibly... maybe we think they are bland because they are not radically different from the B7 - they are nice looking cars, but as you say, could be a tad bland

Chas

I don't think they look like any kind of progress at all. Yes, the B6 looked a lot like the B5, but there's no real reason for anyone to go to a B8 from a B7 that I can see, and when you look at the 3 series, C class or Lexus, they're possibly better options.

If only they'd added more of the flair of the A5...

Avant is at your local dealer on saturday fellas

They've been at dealers since last weekend! +++

They've been at dealers since last weekend! +++

Oooo - get you Mr Factually Correct :P

Argghhh I've got loads to do this weekend, now I've got to fit in a trip to Audi as well +++

Went to look at new Audi A4 Avant today and have to say that the sticker price of £44995 was ridiculous. the car looked bland and actually think audi have made a poor attempt at this. Seemed like they had tried to make it look more like a coupe than an estate. Sat in it and it felt like i had far too many switchs, also felt very cramped. The seats were however very comfortable, far comfier then my 3 series. But me and the missus walked out of the showroom muttering, £44k for that, £44k for that over and over.... i just don't know how they justify it. Surely that is S5 area. It was 3.0TDI so i suppose top engine and probably had every extra going as well but still £44k!!

Matt

£44K :eek:

That must have been the highest spec 3.0TDI in the history of mankind!

I would think and hope so, not joking there were more switchs in that car then in microsofts headquarters (probably) lol.

Matt

I can't even think what extras would be on the thing to make it that much. Feck, my fairly well loaded S4 was only just over £40K new!

It'll be the comfort / climated controlled seats, don't they add about 5K on their own, then add DVD Sat Nav+ another 2K, the dynamic ride control thingy is like another 2-3K so there's almost £10K.

I would think it's easy to get well over 10K's worth of extras on an A4. I reached £9,600 on a well specc'ed A6 I was considering last year...

But cos I can here's a Froggy spec New A4 Avant

3.0 TDI quattro 240PS 6-speed manual - S Line OTR - £33,600.00

Options:

Paint £550

Climate Seats £3940

Drive Select - Full Package £1300

B & O Sound System £525

DAB Radio £300

AMI £200

Sat Nav Plus £1975

Phone Prep - High £650

Audi Parking system Advanced £1050

Side Assist £450

Lane Assist £450

Adaptive Lights £325

Advanced Key £495

Storage Pack £100

Electric rear blind £235

Adaptive Cruise Control £1100

Interior Light pack £165

Reversible load mat £85

Load Area rail system £150

Total Options £14,045

Total OTR Price £47,645

And I left out the voice control :rolleyes: ....

Even if you remove the climate seats and substitute normal leather (£1,200) it still comes out at £11,305 making a ticket price of £44,905 - Bargain ;)

I can't even think what extras would be on the thing to make it that much. Feck, my fairly well loaded S4 was only just over £40K new!

That's the problem, once you are used to an S4 with all the kit its hard to go back. I wondered about a 3.0 diesel estate and was up over £40k easily. Hence keeping the S4 - five years old, worth £13k to the trade, only 50k miles so keep it a couple more years.

FWIW dealers have said to me that the offset clutch is a problem.