Forgive me Lord....

fatcat

But we are 'possibly' about to sin and buy a bread van........... as in flog the Mini and buy a fugly 1 Series.

2 years ago we very nearly took delivery of the new 135i but changed our minds, god knows why but we are wandering towards the 1 series.

Any dogs in particular we should avoid.

It will be used for the WO's daily runner and 'total performance' is not a key factor but we want abit of get up and go.

Budget upto 15k

• 2 weeks later...

A very belated "hello lads" and hope you all are keeping very well!!!

Not been on for a very long while for one reason or another, but thought this an ideal post to kick off the drought!

Pete - I am now "lucky" enough to have a 123D Coupe and it is a pretty good car!

For your £15k budget try and get a nice 120D M Sport facelift (Mar 07 onwards), nice 177BHP engine and splendid economy.

I doubt you'll find a 123D at that price, but to be honest, you're not missing masses - not impressed with the economy and performance of my 123D yet, but hoping that it will get better as it's only done 3k miles so far.

Shame you never got the 135i, the engine is phenomonal in the 335i, I miss it like hell!

All the best chaps, and for gods sake someone text me when you're getting together next as my memory is shite.

Ben

For £15k you'll get a new-ish face-lift 120d MSport with a few options.... You'd get an older low spec 130i and if you want a hatch, I can't recommend one enough... half kicking myself and not got one instead of the S3.

Just be careful with earlier cars, our 130i is a Nov 05 and they had pretty solid suspension, which on run-flats makes for a choppy ride (still not as bad as the VAG crowd!) Face-lift cars had revised damping and ride much better.

ARGH! I should have got a fully loaded 123d coupe really.

+++

ARGH! I should have got a fully loaded 123d coupe really.

+++

A bit like mine really ;-)......but you have to pay for the priviledge of getting an optioned car!

I must say that the new pro nav system is the business, Connected Drive/ BMW Online is actually worth using now.

Cheers

Ben

I have had my 130i since march and in that time have covered 6k very pleasurable miles.

I cant really recommend it enough-its a fun car to drive with plenty of character and feel.Its nicely put together and the drivers seat is a very nice place to be.

Its alot more practical than its given credit for especially when you drop the rear seats.

I am thinking of debadging mine as the sound from that silk smooth 3ltr straight six speaks for its self.

It has to be one of the best value cars around..+++

• 2 weeks later...
But we are 'possibly' about to sin and buy a bread van........... as in flog the Mini and buy a fugly 1 Series.

2 years ago we very nearly took delivery of the new 135i but changed our minds, god knows why but we are wandering towards the 1 series.

Any dogs in particular we should avoid.

It will be used for the WO's daily runner and 'total performance' is not a key factor but we want abit of get up and go.

Budget upto 15k

.....So what did you go for?I like the 'nearly' with the 135i!(assume it was to much):uhoh:

• 7 months later...

From memory:

120d M Sport

5 Door

LeMans Blue

Comfort pack

Black Boston Leather

Heated / Memory Seats

Xenons

Folding Mirrors

Upgraded wheels to 18''

AND

USB interface

Delivery on a 60 (I think) plate

..... right who wants to buy an 05 Mini Cooper ?

Chopped my 130i on Monday for a 123d M Sport 3Dr in Titanium Silver.

Good deal at my local dealer(Broad Oak).

Will get some pics up in next few days..:)

Enjoy the 120d is a nice spec/colour choice...+++

Edited by CJ92

How do you find the performance differential between the 130 and the 123d?
The 123d more than matches the 130i performance wise and thats without a remap.

I much prefer the manual shift in the 123d as its such a smoother lighter shift than in the manual 130i which i always found rather heavy.

I also find the 123d more nimble through the bendy's but obviously its lighter over the front end.If i have another 130i i would go with the auto shifter as i think it would compliment the lusty straight six more..+++