So, the RS 6 [& S5] might be going soonish

Chris_B

Oh, and LB your dad won't miss out - there are two almost identical ones going. Daytona Grey with reversing camera and iPod interface, pretty much everything else is standard on them anyway IIRC (Bose, sport suspension plus, Xenons etc). One has leather seats, the other is alcantara/leather, both in black.

Yea,

the only other two ways we looked at (which are dodgy to say the least) would be:

a) To buy a specced up car, de-badge and hope the IR never ask to llok at the V5

b) Pay yourself at the lower rate of income tax and divert income via other routes.

BUT: It's just easier (and legal) to do it via the dividend route.

Your biggest issue there Dave is you're talking tax evasion, not avoidance. You wouldn't want to get caught for that.

yes, hence why we do it via dividends.. we had a tax inspection some years ago and its not worth getting caught.. we actually counter sued the IL and won our case.. we got a few thousand in compensation! (which was pratically swallowed by the accoutants fees).. but it still felt good +++

we run our fleet privately now.. it's just so much easier.. but we give ourselves milage and allowances.+++

Yeah, this might be the route. Still bloody expensive on £78k motors though, eh?

Probably a sensible time to be a bit more sensible for a year or two, put a bit more cash into investment (business and personal!) and then go see what developments there's been in low-CO2 but fun toys. Mind you, then the government will probably slap a battery tax on or something...

I'm thinking of an S4 Avant S-Tronic with most of the toys. Drove one last night and really liked it.

Chris,

rather than going for new, why not go nearly new?..

I got my Q7 (which at the spec I have would sell new for over 70K) for an absolute steal.. it was 6 months old with 6500 miles on the clock..

It came from my dealers with a new 3 year warrantee and was as good as new when i picked it up!

What if you stick an A3 badge on it and just claim that you don't understand cars and that your wife bought it? You thought it was a bit nippy, but hey, what would you know?

Why don't you try it Mol and see how you get on.. :grin:

[Now where's that dobbing in number for the inland rev] :grin:

rather than going for new, why not go nearly new?..

Because I'm a fussy bugger and I want what spec I want, and hardly any cars ever some through with the spec I want! :grin:

I know that means I pay the "dealer threshold depreciation tax" and I should get over it and be a bit more prepared to budge on spec, but it's what I've grown used to... :o

It depends I dont normally buy new but I just picked up a brand new pre reg Phaeton with no miles Nov 09 registered colour and spec I wanted with 40% off the list price plus no 3 month wait for them to hand build it.

So yes with that sort of discount I will happily buy new. There are some silly deals around at the moment if you take the time to look around and drive a hard bargain.

It depends I dont normally buy new but I just picked up a brand new pre reg Phaeton with no miles Nov 09 registered colour and spec I wanted with 40% off the list price plus no 3 month wait for them to hand build it.

So yes with that sort of discount I will happily buy new. There are some silly deals around at the moment if you take the time to look around and drive a hard bargain.

Well alera taking the Phaeton ( which loses money quicker than driving over a cliff) with 40% is no real find IMO, they just sink.

However I know where your coming from.+++

You can easily spend £30k on a brand new golf gti , scirocco, passat cc so to get a nicely speced brand new Phaeton for £29k with a decent trade in sounds OK to me especially when the list price with toys is £50k. When you look at what is available on the used market they are decent value at these sort of prices. It will loose £5k a year over 3 years, which is pretty much to be expected on this sort of car. Pretty much any new car looses half its value over 3 years.

You want to talk price price drops the A8 it replaced was purchased for a similar amount at a little over a year old and the list price on that car was £98k. Now thats driving off a cliff. I forgot 7 series hold there value really well also.

Edited by alera

You can easily spend £30k on a brand new golf gti , scirocco, passat cc so to get a nicely speced brand new Phaeton for £29k with a decent trade in sounds OK to me especially when the list price with toys is £50k. When you look at what is available on the used market they are decent value at these sort of prices. It will loose £5k a year over 3 years, which is pretty much to be expected on this sort of car. Pretty much any new car looses half its value over 3 years.

You want to talk price price drops the A8 it replaced was purchased for a similar amount at a little over a year old and the list price on that car was £98k. Now thats driving off a cliff. I forgot 7 series hold there value really well also.

Yep you have a valid point, :grin: I got stung with the A8 3.0TDI some years ago,I was lucky it was a showroom queen and not ordered, still dropped like stone though.