Is Rooney on the transfer list?

cruiser647

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, this can surely be the end of an era and the end of Fergie at the helm. Last season they felt the loss of CRonaldo, but were carried by Rooney. This season so far he's not been there for them and there's only so much Berbatoss and Speedy Gonzalez can do. If Rooney continues like this or worse goes for another £80m to Real, then they are f*cked. Just another £80m to pay the PIK loans.

I think that is a confounder - especially as he apparently/allegedly did it at a Man U party with the knowledge of some of the players.

He didn't seem to have any such qualms when Cole and Yorky honed their partnership my tossing for ends.

Rooney is by no means the most morally bankrupt player ManU have had [or perhaps even have - given Giggsey's old girlfriends saying he used to smack them about].

All allegedly of course.

Not to say I don't respect his pro-marriage/settled player stance.

I think that is a confounder - especially as he apparently/allegedly did it at a Man U party with the knowledge of some of the players.

Why does that matter?

He didn't seem to have any such qualms when Cole and Yorky honed their partnership my tossing for ends.

But Cole doesn't play for Man U does he?

But Cole doesn't play for Man U does he?

He's desperately digging into the past, when Andy (he was still "Andy" then) Cole and Dwight Yorke played up front together at Old Trafford and around the bars and clubs of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge.

While conveniently forgetting his own club captain's penchant for punch-ups and impregnating 16 year olds... ;)

Allegedly...

I am not desperately digging into anything - and it would be nice to be able to have a discussion as a football fan sometimes....

I respect Fergie as a manager but this guff about dropping his star striker "for the good of the image of Man U" is bollox which is what I was trying to highlight.

It would appear that there is more to this matter than meets the eye and they have had a falling out. The difference here seems to be Rooney has lifted the lid on it before Fergie can ship him out for imaginary reasons- especially in the absence of other options and Fergie's very public statements about not wanting or needing to spend more despite having the money as there ain't anyone out there.

Who would he now buy to replace Rooney after a comment like that.

This is a story that is rapidly disappearing up it's own arse.

For a start, reliable outlets have clearly said that Fergie has not commented on the current Rooney 'situation', so where are the quotes about Rooney's behaviour not being in keeping? They've either been made up or dragged up from some historical comment and taken completely out of context.

I don't know what the actual position is, but once again it seems to be media led (and mostly media invented).

There isn't a single fact in the whole story. Even the "news" that Rooney "will not sign a new United deal" is "reported by the Press Association".

Which reports other than Mook's comments have made any reference to what Fergie did or did not say? In fact they all say that he has NOT made any public comments.

The reported story is that Rooney will not sign a new contract and that talks have broken down.

He openly contracted his manager's reason's for his absences in earlier games. It has been inferred [incorrectly it seems] that Fergie is shipping him off rather than potentially him spitting his dummy out.

So to be fair Oldham Boy you are talking out the arse you claim this story is disappearing into:p:grin:

Which reports other than Mook's comments have made any reference to what Fergie did or did not say? In fact they all say that he has NOT made any public comments.

That's what I said!

The reported story is that Rooney will not sign a new contract and that talks have broken down.

He openly contracted his manager's reason's for his absences in earlier games. It has been inferred [incorrectly it seems] that Fergie is shipping him off rather than potentially him spitting his dummy out.

That's (sort of) also what I said!

So to be fair Oldham Boy you are talking out the arse you claim this story is disappearing into:p:grin:

I'm confused. :P

:roflmao:

I'm not really into football either, but listening to the radio today, one thing that did strike me, was the response from Manchester united, to the question that Rooney was going in january, and it was that the story was 'incorrect'.

Not that it wasn't happening, or denying it, just that it was incorrect, which says to me, it probably is happening.

so....what yer saying is that Mook is a clueless gobshi*te?

Fair enough.

You should know that anyway :P

What I went off was the Radio 4 report this morning, so I take it with a little credibility when it's said.

But then people get sooooooo passionate about football and everything that surrounds it. Rightly or wrongly...

Well if you're going to pretend to be clever by listening to Radio Four you really need to understand the difference between reports of fact and reports of what someone who's vaguely connected to the story might think. :P

It's sad if Rooney is on his way out, but I can see it happening. £300k a week at City, so the rumour goes... :eek:

Apart from occasional glimpses he's been nowhere near his best for Man Utd this season either.

It's a fair question though. Rooney's by no means unique in seemingly not being able to deliver his best for England. If I knew why I'd probably be United manager. My opinion is that Rooney needs to be handled carefully to get the best out of him, which just exacerbates the real issue with the current England team - Crapello's insistance on a rigid, ineffective system. Rooney gets the focus because he's supposed to be our best player and we have a habit of individualising a team sport (before Rooney it was all about Beckham). In truth, when was the last time Gerrard, Lampard, Terry or any of the other "senior" players played well for England?

perhaps because HE was the player worried about an indiscretion being revealed rather than the aforementioned scouser...

I know sod all about football, like I said, so I've no idea who the scouser is?

So if you shag whores then you play crap football because you're worried about it all getting out into the public domain?

Maybe if he didn't play away it wouldn't happen..?

England schmingland. They'll never win anything.

The Mr Potatohead thing is very funny though. When they sell him to balance the books, errrrr, I mean because of a difference of opinion, I'm hoping they'll continue their Liverpool-like decline. I only hope when the receivers are called in, Purple Nose's nose finally explodes, live on Sky Sports News.

The sight of those die-hard fans all over the South East crying into their replica kits will make great TV.

I know sod all about football, like I said, so I've no idea who the scouser is?

So if you shag whores then you play crap football because you're worried about it all getting out into the public domain?

Maybe if he didn't play away it wouldn't happen..?

That would never work Mook. You couldn't have a player that good or well paid just playing home games.....:grin:

I can see it happening though. I actually hope one of the big clubs does go into administration I have no particular grudge against any of them but Liverpool and Man U both have owners out to make money out of them and Chelsea have a wealthy backer who's heavily subsidising them.

I'm a Pompey fan and am sick of being constantly chastised by the national press we're nearest Chelsea in terms of the situation we over spent big time but then had our funding withdrawn. It doesn't appear to of served as much of a warning unfortunately and I think there's a house of cards that could collapse in the next few years.

England schmingland. They'll never win anything.

The Mr Potatohead thing is very funny though. When they sell him to balance the books, errrrr, I mean because of a difference of opinion, I'm hoping they'll continue their Liverpool-like decline. I only hope when the receivers are called in, Purple Nose's nose finally explodes, live on Sky Sports News.

The sight of those die-hard fans all over the South East crying into their replica kits will make great TV.

Toon fan alert, toon fan alert.:roflmao: