Winter Tyres - Toyo or Michelin

DHA

I'm having real trouble with mine at the moment. But I think, hope, it's down to the fronts being a little short on tread. (I tried to buy some new ones today, but they didnt have any in my size.)

I've got stuck at junctions several times: slow down, as you do approaching a 'Give Way', then I can't get going again! There's loads of junctions around here where the black, slushy stuff is just piling up on top of compacted, super slippy snow. Drift off the line and then that's it, going nowhere except the gutter and kerb.

What annoys me even more is all the cars not slowing, playing chicken at junctions as they don't want to get into the same mess as me, but getting away with it. I bet ya, if I tried that I'd get t-boned. :mad:

I was in a line of cars that had to stop at a Pelican Crossing. In front was a rather tasty Aston. He stopped and then couldn't get going again. Every time he tried his massive rear wheels just slipped and the whole car drifted towards the gutter and barriers. Every single car in the queue behind just overtook and buggered off. I drove around the corner, parked and left my wife and kids in the car whilst I went to help him. He was made up. No one else had bothered. After a few minutes of pushing on my own, another two guys that were walking past joined in. But up until that point people were just walking past. It really bugs me. Hardly anyone will help their fellow man anymore.

The driver actually wanted me to drive it, as he said he was rubbish at driving in this weather. I was tempted. I've never driven a car like it before. But the thought of causing any damage that could be laid at my feet was too much to ignore and I declined.

I told him to keep going as soon as he got some traction, as I knew he could get stuck again. He eventually got going and then stopped to say thanks! Doh. The other two had walked off at this point, so it was left for me to push again. He was off.

I've parked my car outside my house this evening (i don't get the space very often) and I think I'm going to leave it there until after Christmas. it just means I'll have to walk, or cycle, the 2 miles to work for the next few days. :eek:

Edited by Sponge

Car was shocking yesterday, need to do something to be able to drive in this weather.

Totally agree Dave - mine has a lowly 177bhp but with rear wheel drive and having the ahem.... 'near peferct weight distribution of 50-50' does make for some interesting driving styles.

Either way I shall be changing mine when the RF's reach the end of their lives and will pump for Michelins.