The TSN personal fitness thread: 15/09 - 15/12

Soulboy

Weighed myself half an hour ago.

16st 5 3/4 lbs which means I've lost 5lbs weight this week! :)

Very happy with that as not gone crazy, have had to lay off the exercise bike for the last two nights after an excessive case of chafing :uhoh: so have been doing some aerobic/muscle/yoga stuff on the wii fit which has surprisingly got a sweat on.

Keep it up Garcon!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday morning weigh in:

Weight: 19st 10.5lbs (-6.5lbs)

Waist*: 55.5in (-0.5in)

Ave Steps/Day this week: 4024

Target = 18st by 16 December

Target steps = 5000 per day

* "waist" = belly at its widest...

I have a hunch my starting weight was a little 'high', so the 6.5 lbs loss might be nearer 5lbs. A good start though, whatever. +++

As mentioned, was at the races all day yesterday ... a, ahem, quantity of beer was consumed but not the traditional fry up/curry and I walked about 6km.

Edited by garcon

Ive noticed that since my regular daily salad which i have now at lunch most day ive started to drink less water compared to what i used to pre salads. Guessing the water content of the green stuff is stopping me from drinking my regular amount.

I doubt my weight will have gone down much if any but i do feel a bit lighter on my feet if that makes sense.

Well done Garcon - fabulous start, keep it going ! Feeling better with the new 'regime' ?

I think there were some easy pounds to lose after a bit of a pig out before the start!

Still, I'm happy but aware the average weight loss is bound to drop - if I can maintain over 2lbs a week medium term I'll be happy.

Simply not feeling bloated after a (now) lighter evening meal is a good start. +++

I never used to eat breakfast

I could scream when people say this, or, more to the point, that they don't eat breakfast.

If you don't eat first thing (after having a good slug of water straight after you get up), your body goes into defensive mode, so it naturally stores energy as fat, because it's got no idea where it's next meal is coming from.

Eat little and often - preferably six times a day if you can. And don;t eat after 7pm +++

I found it very easy not to eat in the morning. I tend not to be very hungry when I get up and a chore to shovel food in.

Oh, and I don't even get home til half seven so I'm screwed anyway :grin: and that's before I go for my evening run (no I didn't go for a run today. I feel like sh1te :( - which should've been even more reason to run, but nope)

Well done Garcon, good effort. +++ I've just got back to Pompey after a long drive back from Nottingham. Feck it I'm getting a takeaway curry.

This was however after deliberation, pie and chips or pizza were too carb loaded I was thinking, also gone for mixed kebabs instead of onion bhaji and no naan, just some pilaw rice. Bhuna rather than Balti as dryer and less oily. I can enjoy myself but still be a teeny bit conscious of what I'm going for ;)

Completely forgot to post about last weeks weigh in but I am now 13 stone 10.4lb (192.4lb/87.2kg) so another 2lbs loss last week. Next Weigh in is Wednesday for me

But on the not so positive side, I've done my left knee in which is causing exercise to be a little tricky. Current suspicion (from Physio) is torn cartilage, but it's improved immeasurably over the last few days with help from the physio and exercises so I am hoping it's not as serious as it first seemed.

Anyway, I am 68.1kg and 17.5% body fat apparently.

Hmmm, weigh in this morning gave figures of 68.8 kg and 18% BF. I didn't feel too great this week, but I didn't feel THAT bad. :smashfreak:

Recovery day today after the weekend's exertions, but I need some intensive runs this week as that's all I've been missing really. Hill training tomorrow.

Yeah I had a midweek weigh in which I won't divulge, lets just say if it stays like this then last week and this were write offs :ffs: , going to be very good today and tomorrow, although tomorrow night is another Pompey match, i'll drive down to stop me drinking but will need to get food in the pub. Grr... Going to have to be good the whole week now because of that.

Yeah I had a midweek weigh in which I won't divulge, lets just say if it stays like this then last week and this were write offs :ffs: , going to be very good today and tomorrow, although tomorrow night is another Pompey match, i'll drive down to stop me drinking but will need to get food in the pub. Grr... Going to have to be good the whole week now because of that.

Don't beat yourself up too much, you'll only make it worse, just look forward and see how you can change what was wrong before +++ Can you take sandwiches or eat a little something before you go?