Marco Simoncelli horror crash

Busby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully the bad news in three's is over and we have a safe F1 race in India.

I sincerely hope so, but if there was ever a place it would happen, it's going to be India.

Its a brand new circuit, new tarmac, never run at F1 speeds, new marshals, in a country not known for it's health and safety or build quality standards.

I really feel for Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi. Not a damn thing they could have done but that won't make it easier on them.

Totally agree - I imagine that both of them are devastated.

I agree with Cuprabob too - I certainly think it's the last time we'll see Edwards. He was due to race next year for one of the new privateer teams running standard engines but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he calls it a day. Rossi I'm not so sure about - maybe a final year with Ducati?

I sincerely hope so, but if there was ever a place it would happen, it's going to be India.

Its a brand new circuit, new tarmac, never run at F1 speeds, new marshals, in a country not known for it's health and safety or build quality standards.

They may well plane over the UK marshalls again like they did at Bahrain (as I recall). Best in the world and they will be required I would have thought. BE will probably tell them the cheques in the post though!

They may well plane over the UK marshalls again like they did at Bahrain (as I recall). Best in the world and they will be required I would have thought. BE will probably tell them the cheques in the post though!

Marshall safety is a big concern. Inexperienced marshalls and Formula 1 cars do not mix...

Apparently Rossi flew with Marco back home. That's gotta be a tough trip :(

In his home town of Coriano they've put up a banner :

"Now go and teach the angels how to do a wheelie"

Oh and that Daily Mail link I posted earlier has been updated with a horrid picture from the other side. Helmet on or off, it doesn't look like he stood much of a chance :(

In his home town of Coriano they've put up a banner :

"Now go and teach the angels how to do a wheelie"

I love it +++ Any pictures of this?

Also, has anyone got any good montage videos of him racing? The only things I can find on YouTube are picture montages.

Edited by m4ttm4son

that Daily Mail link I posted earlier has been updated with a horrid picture from the other side.

The Daily Mails picture editor has overstepped the mark in my opinion with both this and Dan W's fatal crash - the "step by step " how he died pieces are just not needed.

The Daily Mails picture editor has overstepped the mark in my opinion with both this and Dan W's fatal crash - the "step by step " how he died pieces are just not needed.

My first thought was that it was typical Daily Mail sensationlist press and the death just seemed like food for their machine. My mate (a life long biker and BIG fan of Moto GP) said he thought it was a really good piece.

I don't know. I am asking myself why I watched the Moto GP recording I made after I'd seen the news. I didn't want to see him die at the same time I somehow wanted it explained to me why he'd been taken from us.

Watched the funeral over the net at 2pm today. It was a very Italian affair as you'd expect. His 250cc world championship bike and his motogp bike were next to his coffin in the church. With his helmet on top of the coffin. Lovely service, lots of Motorsport stars there, all very humble. His father greeted all the guests and family one by one by Marcos coffin. They then took the coffin outside and sat around it playing his fav music. The crowd that had gathered in their thousands either cried, clapped did both. His father is one gracious person. His heart must be broken to pieces.

I watched the funeral last night. Very touching and unlike anything I have ever seen before. Paulo Simoncelli was incredible in his dignity and humanity.

Loris looked absolutely lost. Vale was class keeping in the background but being there when needed. And respect to Jorge for turning up to show his respects. Apparently he wrote "I'll always remember you. Forgive me for having argued with you." in the book of remembrance.

Ciao Marco.