Incoming..... M5

bazza_g

:) Got back from Korea yesterday 3pm, went straight out in town on lash but still woke up before 6am like a kid on Christmas day to collect this. Had a lovely 2.5 years with the C63 but, as usual, when I started looking things happened quickly.

Great deal on an unregistered stock car with things like the M seats, adaptive LED lights  etc but also the Competition Pack. Doing my best to keep under 4k RPM but even giving it mild beans you can tell its got a very healthy amount of poke.

The tech is great – full Spotify integration is bonza, though not sure if I’ll even need to tweet from the car or why you’d want to use an iPhone app to lock/unlock the car?

post-3077-0-26380900-1439669030_thumb.jp

• Like 12

Wow, very nice!  Estoril too!  Looks damn good Bazza, superb birthday present to yourself!  +++

Good deal on unregistered, made even sweeter if collected on a 15 than 65 too I'd imagine?  You had a bit of bad luck with the C63, I wondered if you might be after a 911 next, was that on the potentials list?

Purchased with all four keys, or have the way BMW keyless systems work changed now?

Estoril too!

No it isn't.  You're slipping.

It is Monte Carlo Blue.

Fabulous car, Bazza.  The tech in the 5's overall is superb.  I don't use Spotify but I do occasionally use the Twitter and FB integration.  Have a play installing new apps, there are some very cool ones.

Oh and I have actually used the remote iPhone lock/unlocking when I've been in a hotel but too far from the car for the remote to work and being unusure if I'd locked the car.  I used the app to flash the headlights so I could see where the car was (it was partially hidden by trees) and then I used the app to check if it was locked - and it wasn't.

You can also send a route to the Nav from anywhere using the BMW site.  So it is all ready when you get in.  There is so much more.

Enjoy it!

Wow, very nice!  Estoril too!  Looks damn good Bazza, superb birthday present to yourself!  +++

Good deal on unregistered, made even sweeter if collected on a 15 than 65 too I'd imagine?  You had a bit of bad luck with the C63, I wondered if you might be after a 911 next, was that on the potentials list?

Purchased with all four keys, or have the way BMW keyless systems work changed now?

Cheers - and Mr Me was right, its Monte Carlo blue (Silverstone interior). The C63 bad luck was me being an idiot parking badly shortly after collection :) The 911 that would float my boat was £150k (Riv blue GT3) so that was out of the question.

The choices were really RS6 (too big), M3 (absolutely epic) but M5 - even more epic +++

What does the 4 keys thing refer to? You get 2 key fobs like every car I've ever had lol

What does the 4 keys thing refer to? You get 2 key fobs like every car I've ever had lol

I think, but I'm not sure in all honesty, he's referring to keyless access in the form of "Comfort access" (i.e. having your key means the car unlocks when you are next to it, you can start the car without the keys, etc).

However, Comfort access is an option on all 5 series, including the M5, so it may well not have that anyway.

Even if that's what it was, I don't know what he means about buying 'all 4 keys'.  I'm lost at that one.

Cheers - and Mr Me was right, its Monte Carlo blue (Silverstone interior). The C63 bad luck was me being an idiot parking badly shortly after collection :) The 911 that would float my boat was £150k (Riv blue GT3) so that was out of the question.

The choices were really RS6 (too big), M3 (absolutely epic) but M5 - even more epic +++

BMWs started going walkies due to people programming a blank key via the OBD after smashing the drivers door glass.  However, the cars could only have four keys assigned to them, hence if you have four keys yourself, nobody can create another from a blank.  This security issue might have been addressed now on a brand new model like yours

Edit - speak to Mac - he looked into this after his V8 M3 was pinched this way - I believe he has ensured the second one cannot be taken this way

Edited by Ian_C

Ah.  Now I understand.

It was fixed in 2012.

It doesn't matter how new it is either, because the fix was a software update rolled out that could be updated at the dealers when the car went in (they did it as a matter of cause on all cars) or you could do the online update through iDrive.

Speaking of which.....

I've just had a software update hit the 5 series.  Got in it to go out and happened to select software update whilst waiting for MrsMe.

It said there was an update so I decided to set it off.  It warned me it might take some time.

12 minutes to install.  It looks like most of the new features are App related.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Mine had a total software update a few months ago as it was one of the few that contain engine software changes. Made a big difference to the smoothness of the car. Less kangerooing around from cold. Have to take mine in mind you - none of this online malarkey. 

Really love that car Bazza. Would love a bit of passenger time in it if ever we can schedule that. I'm still near Richmond for some days in the week.

Mine had a total software update a few months ago as it was one of the few that contain engine software changes. Made a big difference to the smoothness of the car. Less kangerooing around from cold. Have to take mine in mind you - none of this online malarkey. 

Really love that car Bazza. Would love a bit of passenger time in it if ever we can schedule that. I'm still near Richmond for some days in the week.

Cheers Andrew - am not far at all and sounds like a good plan. Just need to get the first 1,000 miles done and the diff service out the way before full beans are available lol!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...