[Audi A3/S3] S3 Quickshift

Prhim

Does anyone have, or know of, a good quickshift linkage for the S3? Since having a little more power added, I've noticed that it would be nice to cut down on the time it takes to do each gearchange (which is quite a few of them with those close ratios...). Now if only they did the new twin-clutch TT box for the S3... Any bets that won't be in the new RS3?

I have been using the DieselGeek "Original" Short Shifter in my S3 for almost a month and i totally recomend it!!!The throw is much smaller, much more posetive and trouble-free!!!

I would say it is the best spent 160 Euros.

My brother has the DieselGeek "Racing" Short Shifter in his TT which is almost the same as the "Original", a bit shorter side to side throw but also a bit rougher.

The throw in the TT & the S3 is exactly the same, in the sense that the same parts are used in both cars. There is no problem whatsoever in fitting the DieselGeek TT Short Shifter or the Neuspeed TT short-shifter.

Nikos.

Well i ordered it directly from www.DieselGeek.com from Jim using Paypal.It took 6 days to come to Greece, so i would expect delivery time for the UK will be less. In addition it was the first time i ordered something from the US and did not have to pay any additional charges, i.e. VAT...

The total cost was aprox. 160 Euros including shipping.I would suggest getting in-touch with Jim & ask him whether there is an importer in UK.

I have already got 3 short-shifters, one for myself, my brother and a friend of mine & now, after checking mine, the Greek Official S3club is on the process of a GroupBuy. You might also want to consider that, since there is, if i remember correctly, 15% discount.

Fitting the kit is quite straight forward. You just remove the two OEM parts & fit the 2 altered OEM parts you got from DG. Every step is explained (with the help of pictures) in the notes that can be found in the Dieselgeek site. If you need any additional help do not hesitate to ask me.

Nikos.

An update:

Spoke to Dieselgeek. They will supply an S3 quickshift (which I am assured will work fine with RHD cars) for list price - $160-odd - plus an additional $10 for international shipping.

Also spoke with AMD in Bicester, who are happy to fit said kit.

Will let you know how I get on.

Matt ECLIPSe.gif

There is NO need whatsoever to visit a garage (needless to say, AMD) in order to fit the kit. As Drillslinger says, it is a straight forward process & paying someone to fit it is like giving him a present, unless you are not at all into mechanics...

Nikos.

hmmm. my brother in law had, until recently a Subaru R 22 B which has an amazing short gearshift mechanism on it. you could really keep the 'power down' with it, aswesome!!!! B & M supply these shifts for most cars, they are advertised in Demon Tweeks.

all the bestyelrotflmao.gif

richardH

No the one Nikos is on about is purely a linkage part, a dogleg for want of better words. The B&M ones tend to be a complete new lever/linkage assembly, as far as I am aware which obviously alters the appearance.

With the dieselgeek or TT (For A3's) versions fitted no one will be able to tell.

PRH1M originally asked after the S3 short shifter. Of this I have little knowledge smashfreakB.gif

However, any of y'all A3 5-speed guys out there getting ideas from this thread, a simple and CHEAP option would be to go down to your local dealer and order the tranny linkage from a 5-speed TT. I would stick to the same model year as your car. I have the part number from mine somewhere, but can't find it right now. (Maybe Gambba can hook us up crazy.gif) Installation is a breeze and I have a link somewhere for more info, I'll try to look it up grin.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I paid IIRC 35 Euros for a 20% reduction, so if my fellow "5-speeders" want to pay $65+ for a 30% reduction.... jump.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA I paid only €21.90 from Audi!! fuck_scott.gif

Von, of course the B&M ones are better! For the 5 speed A3 box the most cost effective shortshift is the TT linkage, which Drill keeps going on about SLEEP5.GIF, which makes the best of the standard linkage setup using geniune parts. To further improve the standard setup the dieselgeek version is an adapted TT version further improving the throw reduction. The B&M versions completely replace the standard shift linkage, lever etc. so obviously are a massive imrpovement over standard.