What tyres are we all running on our R32's???

Zenyck100

Due for new tyres soon i have marshall matrac on mine at the mo as the dealer put these on when i bought the car. they wear far to quickly even on the rear.

i thought i'd start a post to give everyone some feedback on different tyres that r32 owners run.

please give feeedback on grip wet & dry, how many miles have they lasted for and approximate cost per tyre.

cheers

[ QUOTE ]

i have marshall matrac on mine at the mo

[/ QUOTE ]

Who????????? grin.gif

Still on the original Michelins at the minute. Seem to wearing ok but the edges are getting very scrubbed sekret.gif

I'm looking at Bridgestone Potenza's as I've heard good things about them and they came out top in a tyre test that was earlier this year I think. Or possibly Yokohama's when I need to change the tyres.

I've had Yokohama's on the Asra for a while. They are a bit softer so aren't really good for high mileage users but the grip both wet and dry is fantastic.

They were well priced too.

Might be worth a scan round for prices if you are interested in these 169144-ok.gif

I changed tyres at 16K, from MPS 1 to MPS 2 and I have no complaints, hardly any wear after another 8K now, im very pleased with them was kind of swayed to get them as Kwik Fit had a deal on at the time which meant the fourt tyre was free, dont know if they still do this promotion..

I currently run Goodyear F1's and have found them to be far superior to the Pilot Sports in every way. They take a little wearing in, the side walls are a little softer, so for the first 500 miles or so the car can sqidge round corners a little bit (if you know what I mean) but after that they are fantastic. They are far quieter than the PS's as well. The PS's I found to always feel cold, leading to low confidence when having fun. They would understeer quite a lot and were awful in the wet. I had a few close dung.gif moments which would not have happened if I was running F1's.

Another tyre I keep considering is Pirreli's Corsa, but having seen the tread and knowing they wont work when they are cold, they are really not a sensible choice!

I change mine fairly regularly, especially at the front. My last set of PS1's only lasted 2K as i tracked them every weekend for a month. To be honest the PS1's are good tyres and last quite a long time but i found they rip quite easily on the tyre walls, which is where i was having all the problems. I'm on my first set of PS2's (front only)and have only tracked them once but seem a very good tyre and the walls don't seem nearly as bad. As far as the compound of the tyre, i'm not sure but i've done 2K on them and they don't look touched on the walls and look as if they will last some time.

Plus: I have only tracked the car on original 18" wheels.

I changed my MPS1s at 17k and they still had a good 1k left in them but wanted to have new tyres on so i have got MPS2s all round now,and for what i do which is mainly motorway driving they seem to be good in the wet and dry, they seem to have more grip than the MPS1s and should be good for a good 18k unless i go on a track day,overall good tyre's and i'm happy with them.

169144-ok.gif

Got full set of PS2's just before i went to the nurburgring, they didnt wear as much as I was expecting but did find a fair amount of understeer, although my car is completely standard which might be to blame for some of that. £160ish per corner. Goin to try F1's before next trip, as they are gettin good reviews!

Im now running Michelin PS2's and I am very happy with them - as much, if not more grip than the original PS1's (which incidentally lasted me 30,000 miles! I clearly drive like an old woman...), and I got them for a very reasonable £150ish a corner.

Quick recommendation - ask your VW dealer for a quote on them... thats who I got mine through! I found that they had a deal going on with a local-ish tyre place, who before quoted me £20 more expensive per corner!

[ QUOTE ]

had the standard Michelins from new, lasted 18.5k good hardwearing tyre but very understeery. Now on Eagles F1s done 13.5 on them still a good bit to go, much stickier than the pilot sports and quite happy with them. about £160 per corner fitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd you get 18.5k outa those shi**y tyres. Mine were done after 12k!!! Def understeery though.

The Bridgestones are so much better in all respects.

I've heard good things about the Mich IIs tho!

smile.gif

My MPS's lasted 31k on the rears but only 21k on the fronts!! They were well worn though (just about legal) and I couldn't wait to get them off the car because they were quite frankly a load of dung.gif When the fronts wore down I was wearing Goodyear F1's whilst I ran the MSP's down on the back, and the F1's lasted 11k, then I changed all 4 together and I'm now running Goodyear F1's all round.

These have been on the car for 8k including a long weekend ragging it round the Nurgburgring. Plenty of tread left, although the O/S/F has had all the writing rubbed off it from too much hard cornering!

I paid £518 for all 4 including fitting/balancing and a wheel clean 169144-ok.gif

Ive got Toyo Proxes T1-R's, and after doing around the 10k mark since i got the car the thread is down to 4mm at the front and 5mm at the back. But these tyres were on the car previous to me getting it and the backs were supposidly been on there for a good 5k before i got it. They have gone down about 2mm in the last 7k.

Handling seems superb in both the wet and dry. And when i went for a day out with Big John from Drivetrain, he did say the car seemed to handl better then the r he had in earlier in that week, which had standard thread.