What tyres are we all running on our R32's???

Zenyck100

[ QUOTE ]

Can MPS1 be mixed with MPS2 (Fronts MPS2 Rears MPS1)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's no problem. In general, however, regardless of your car, you shouldn't run different brands of tyre on the same axle.

Just remember that, whichever tyres you run, make sure you replace them in pairs (i.e. always replace both tyres on the same axle at the same time) 169144-ok.gif

Mobile guy based in Bracknell, Berkshire. He is really friendly and helpful and will arrange a time to come and do it and sticks to it. He was flippin good and more than half the price of Kwik Fit, £1080 plus VAT & fitting. Not sure if I can plug him but here goes, Al's Tyres in Bracknell not sure of the number or how far he will travel. Hope this is useful. 169144-ok.gif

Could it be anything to do with Bracknell Tyre & Exhaust? They beat everyone when I was calling around last month for two new tyres. Whenever I gave the price I'd been quoted the person at the other end wouldn't even bother to check prices, they new they coouldn't get near them on price. See my review here.

169144-ok.gif

Just added (5 weeks ago) a set on Uniroyal Rain Sports to the front two as a short term stop gap for the CH's. In the rain these tyres are pretty damn good, especially when I consider the fact that they are quite a bit cheaper than some alternative tyres. Only trouble is, they aren't so hot in the dry. frown.gifEEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Just added (5 weeks ago) a set on Uniroyal Rain Sports to the front two as a short term stop gap for the CH's. In the rain these tyres are pretty damn good, especially when I consider the fact that they are quite a bit cheaper than some alternative tyres. Only trouble is, they aren't so hot in the dry. frown.gifEEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, the name seems to be a bit of a giveaway as to what they are designed for.

But I guess they'll be doing a fine job right now considering our current weather situation 169144-ok.gif

smile.gif

Im running Bridgstone S03s Seem very good better wet weather grip than michs not sure about dry weather its pretty even. Did have a sint on Yokos 046r Great dry weather grip when hot and they didn't seem to bad in the wet aswell, just to damm noisy for normal road use.

On the way back from London I've just been to Micheldever Tyres (in between Basingstoke and Winchester) to get the front wheels balanced and asked about 2 x 225/40/18 Michelin PS2's for the R32:

£129.20 each inc. valve, balance and VAT 169144-ok.gif

They are just about to become my new tyre supplier - I got lazy of the past four years or so and got the local mobile tyre man to come to the office to change them, rather than calling into Micheldever on the way up and down the M3.

The only drawback is that you have to wait at least 45 minutes to an hour while they're fitted as they're so busy.

http://www.micheldever.co.uk

Toyo Proxes T1R

So far the are fantastic, prefer them to the original Pilots. Wear rate is lower, road noise less, good grip in dry and wet. They were also one of the cheaper typres at 224Chf mit montage/pneu. Thats about £99/tyre fitted and balanced, can't beat that.

They also revolve at 828 revs per mile....so there!

I've got Toyo Proxes T1-S on the front of mine and they're much better than the original Pilot's. Don't look quite as good as the T1-R, but they certainly handle similarly, and I'd definitely recommend them.

Not sure how they're wearing as yet, 'cos they've only done a couple of thousand miles.

• 3 weeks later...

the lil rocket just turned 14k miles and the original goodyear f1s aren't exhibiting too much wear at all. i have nothing but good things to say about them; outstanding in the dry and the wet. some have had bubbled/blownout sidewall issues, but this seems to be from a combination of flexible sidewalls, low air pressure, and crappy road surfaces. i tend to run 42-44 psi all round and have not had any problems. 'course, now it's getting on to winter and the blizzaks (great in the snow, pretty good in the dry) are carrying the load. don't even think of using the f1s once the weather turns cold. you can usually pick one up for between $160 and $170.

[ QUOTE ]

I just had my 2 front tyres changed after 13,000 mile. I went to Harris Bros in Swansea, South Wales.

£120 each for Michelin PS2 including valve, balance, fitting, VAT.

Nobody else could get near this! laugh.gif

I find these tyres very good and better than the PS1s 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't be that hard. PS1s were crap, terrible wear rate, slippery in the wet and squealed like pig in the dry!

smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I now have Falken winter tyres, they are ok, a little noisy though. The roads are always a bit slippy, snow falls most days, the occasional mild patch. Driving at 30mph, hit the brakes medium to hard and the ABS cits in straight away, I won't be track daying these tyres (if only there was a track somewhere).

I always by tyres from reifendirekt.ch, the same site as mytyres.co.uk The really cheap Nankang NS-2 tyres get a great review, do a google and you will se many Scooby owners using these with good reviews. I never get a chance to push the R hard, if I get caught by the police or a camera then its off to the firing squad, I may consider these next year.

Yokohama AVS V550s. Cost me $350 / corner fitted and balanced.

Done about 10000km so far, and after the 30K service next week, the front tyres are going to be flipped on the rims and mounted on the opposite side of the car to even out the wear (due to the aggressive camber).

They are dead quiet compared to the GY F1 GSD3s, but the ultimate grip level is not as good (esp. in the wet - the F1s were insane in the wet), but they break predictably - and are almost totally bulletproof - no punctures, bubbles or other issues.

Of the original F1s - I had 3 fail. This is the first time and the first car I've ever had problems with punctures.

When replacement time comes - I'll seriously be considering AVS 102s.