Picking up new A5 3.0 TDI tomorrow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crackdown

Be joining you soon. Got a build week (week 42), so reckon another month. Then it's bye bye S8 and funding half the national debt on fuel taxes and hello to the first diesel I've ever owned.

169144-ok.gifI drove the 3.0TDI A5 today for a couple of hours, I was impressed, much more torque than the 3.0TDI A8 I bought, once over 2.5K it goes really well and with hard driving it returned 35MPG, which is very good.

A remap should see it at 285/290 BHP and 600NM, that should equal the S5 in performance IMO.

Foot note: The boot is slightly smaller than the RS4 and the rear headroom I found tight along with rear legroom, but the rear seats fold so that helps the boot space.

[ QUOTE ]

Does that mean Don't us Revo? Or just no experience/knowledge of them, trying to decide whether to use DMS instead

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use DMS, tell them their price is too high and that you can get a much better price elsewhere.

They'll drop their price significantly 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Am intending to get the remap done meself, have been in touch with Revo about it, have you any experience with em?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had experience with Revo and found them to be very good - you can deal direct with their UK Head office which is in Daventry.

I have enquired for my Cab recently - and I will get it done. If you do - get the SPS (Serial Port Switch) as well and then you can revert to the stock map whilst it is at the dealers... cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I know I have been owing you a report about my A5. Had been super busy in the last few weeks (inlcuding moving homes...), but promise to right something up very soon.

Following are a few facts/findings:

* drove 6000 miles since new, including a drive to Lake Garda through France, and returning through Germany and Belgium (2700 miles...) and avg 34.2 mpg since new

* when going to work I drive 75 miles, 60 of them motorway, avg 39.2 mpg

* have only seen 2 A5/S5 in the continent

* impressive passing power

* I notice a big difference (expected...) with my previous car A4 1.8T Cab, mainly in the dynamics (no understeer as I had in the A4)

* I think the car looks stunning in White, very happy with the choice of colour

* the things that strikes me most, is that it is a mega headturner.... I think is the combination of the day running lights, looks and being white

Will do a proper report soon!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all. I know I have been owing you a report about my A5. Had been super busy in the last few weeks (inlcuding moving homes...), but promise to right something up very soon.

Following are a few facts/findings:

* drove 6000 miles since new, including a drive to Lake Garda through France, and returning through Germany and Belgium (2700 miles...) and avg 34.2 mpg since new

* when going to work I drive 75 miles, 60 of them motorway, avg 39.2 mpg

* have only seen 2 A5/S5 in the continent

* impressive passing power

* I notice a big difference (expected...) with my previous car A4 1.8T Cab, mainly in the dynamics (no understeer as I had in the A4)

* I think the car looks stunning in White, very happy with the choice of colour

* the things that strikes me most, is that it is a mega headturner.... I think is the combination of the day running lights, looks and being white

Will do a proper report soon!

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

mgoliver............ any photos as I like the combination of leather interoir colours?. 169144-ok.gif

Guest crackdown

Had mine nearly a week now and am really impressed. Coming from RS6 and D3 S8, I thought I'd miss the power. Far from it- there's really very little difference in real world driving. Thought I'd miss the comfort of the S8, but the A5 is actually more comfortable, although there's a lot less room inside and it doesn't ride the bumps as well. Handling is superb and it turns in much better than both previous cars and is a delight on the twisty A & B roads. Fuel consumption is half that of the S8, insurance £700/ year less and road tax half that of the S8 this coming April! Only downside is that some barsteward reversed a tow hitch into the front panel on day 2 and drove off without leaving a note. Not got any photos yet as it seems to be dark every time I get to sit in it.

[ QUOTE ]

Coming from RS6 and D3 S8, I thought I'd miss the power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, another D3 S8 gone! Didn't know you'd dropped yours too. Mine went mainly because I couldn't politically justify a high-CO2 car with some business stuff I was doing, but the cash saved in tax, lease (bought through my company), insurance, fuel and depreciation is sitting nicely in my pocket instead of Gordons - about a grand a month.

audijohn and encee, will be posting pix hopefully this weekend.

After 2 months and 7800 miles, I am very much in love with my A5. I feel it does everything it says on its label sligthly better than expected. There are a few things here and there I would improve (sat-nav: full postcode search, etc..) but overall, it is a fantastic car.

My car is de-badged, but I am thinking on getting a "TDI power" sticker or something like it to increase the frustration of those drivers that can not keep up.... (J_C, remember that M3 back from Windsor?).

I love to see people staring at it on the motorways, traffic lights, or even when it is parked. I live in an area where there are loads of tourists, and I grin when I see people taking pix of the A5.

[ QUOTE ]

audijohn and encee, will be posting pix hopefully this weekend.

After 2 months and 7800 miles, I am very much in love with my A5. I feel it does everything it says on its label sligthly better than expected. There are a few things here and there I would improve (sat-nav: full postcode search, etc..) but overall, it is a fantastic car.

My car is de-badged, but I am thinking on getting a "TDI power" sticker or something like it to increase the frustration of those drivers that can not keep up.... (J_C, remember that M3 back from Windsor?).

I love to see people staring at it on the motorways, traffic lights, or even when it is parked. I live in an area where there are loads of tourists, and I grin when I see people taking pix of the A5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one Mark, How would another 48BHP and 100NM sound in the engine FIREdevil.gif that's what I will do if I get one. 169144-ok.gif