New to the forum and picked up my R32 on Saturday!

DUBGT

Just thought I'd put together a quick post to introduce myself and show my new car. I have been heavily into the Volkswagen scene for years and attending shows with my various Golfs. My pride and joy MK2 has become a little too showy and as a result less drivable. Silly I know and one reason why I have moved on. After many years building cars for show I am keen to get back into trackdays but also need a car that I can use everyday and park on the street as I have recently lost my secure parking due to a move. The Golf R32 ticked every box for me and in stock form is an absolutely brilliant package. I picked it up on Saturday and have covered hundreds of miles already as I just can't stop driving it. Oh the noise!!!

DSC00567SML.jpg

DSC00566SML.jpg

I test drove a MK5 but found it far too refined having come from a long line of MK2s. I felt too detached from the road (not knocking it as i found it very impressive, just a little too smooth for me). I really like the look of the MK4 too so have found a great low mileage example. It looks black but you'll see when the sun hits her it's a really deep metallic blue (LC5M Moonlight Blue). Cosmetically this will be staying as it is now because I have done my fair share of this now and don't want it to attract too much attention when parked up. I plan to fit a VF Engineering stage 2 supercharger kit and bigger brakes to the car early next year to have more fun on track but that's it. Otherwise I just want to keep her in A1 condition and cherish it for many years.

Here's the old one which I am now tasked with finding a caring home...

VWScene_3211_SMALL.jpg

Just a quick thank you to all who have contributed to this forum as I have found it invaluable reading over the last few months...

James. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the nut-house 169144-ok.gif

Glad to see one in that colour - stupidly rare!

Don't get caught by the modding bug with the R32. You'll end up spending way too much. Well, if you ask me or Keith, anyway...

Have fun.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as you can see from the last pic I'm no stranger to modding. The idea is with this to stick to mechanicals as opposed to cosmetic mods as I'm trying to shake it. Think it'll be tough though!

As for the colour yep you don't see many which is why it's been the best part of two years in planning. I've only seen another two in the last two years but they were both 5 door cars which did not interest me. When this came up I had to have it. EEK2.GIF

Thanks for the warm welcome. smile.gif

Now I just need to find the time to detail her and I'm good to go!!!

James.

[ QUOTE ]

Good choicce mate

how many miles on the clock etc? owners?

I thought it was black too on 1st glances!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My criteria was this colour, 1 or 2 owner car and under 30k which is why it has taken so long for me to find one.

It's covered 24,500 miles but has 3 owners. Beggars can't be choosers, it's got two out of the three. Always been run on Optimax by the last owner at least and not seen a carwash so I'm very happy.

James. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the nut-house 169144-ok.gif

Glad to see one in that colour - stupidly rare!

Don't get caught by the modding bug with the R32. You'll end up spending way too much. Well, if you ask me or Keith, anyway...

Have fun.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to TSN mate 169144-ok.gif

Mook is right my MKIV cost me another £1600 today - but well worth it FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Post up some more pics of your mk2, looks great. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go Luke...

Pics of the car

J60_1.jpg

J60_4.jpg

J60_3.jpg

J60_2.jpg

On the way to Worthersee (Austria)...

worthersee2007SMALL.jpg

Shoot for VW Scene at Worthersee...

VWScene_3211_SMALL.jpg

ShootWheel_3157_SMALL.jpg

worthersee22007SMALL.jpg

At M.I.V.W. (Holland)...

MIVWD11BGT1.jpg

MIVWD11BGT2.jpg

My plans for the MK4 are innitialy to fully detail it, not that its bad in the slightest, I'm just fussy. ROLLEY~14.GIF

So what mods have you guys been doing? What's most effective? I won't be in a position to get started until after Christmas but was thinking VF stage supercharger 2 kit and big brakes. Should I consider anything else?

Looking forward to getting stuck in. jump.gif

James.

Reminds me of a time when my brother and I used to go over to Oxford to see a guy called Danny and his mates. All mk1 and 2 mad, looked just like your car, top notch. We did a trip to Barlo in Holland to a GTI festival, great weekend. I stll love the mk2, best looking hatch ever built 169144-ok.gif