I drive a Saxo VTR.........

Veracocha

Sadly it's a true fact - I spend all my money on motorbikes so have never seen the need to change my trusty old saxo as it has been so reliable and makes the perect cheap road 'hack'!

I have really calmed down over the last few years and just drive to get from A to B, nothing more nothing less.

However, every single car you can imagine tries to hurt, bully, intimidate, race and barge my car out of the fast lane even if I'm keeping up with traffic. This became apparent to me when I decided to borrow my bro's a3T and everyone was a bit less frenzied around me. I never realised how people (whether they realise it or not) treat you so differently depending on what car you are in!

Very true.

People do treat you completely differently depending on what car you're driving.

Unfortunately,the Saxo has always been associated with the Max Power brigade.Cheapish to buy,insure and run,and every add-on you could ever wish for is available at your local store.Hence,people will straight away assume that you're up for a bit of street racing and that you think it's quicker than a Veyron.

When I had my 944T a while back,I remember coming back from Newmarket behind a minibus and one of the occupants threw a beer can out of the window narrowly missing the front of my car.Why,when it cost me less than a new Fiesta? smashfreakB.gif

Purely down to peoples perceptions. crazy.gif

It is true. Lorries drivers are more guilty than most. If a small car (Micra, Saxo, Nova etc) on the motorway is going less than their speed, they tailgate.

If it is a Merc or a much bigger vehicle, they give it a lot more space.

I like to think I don't care what the car is - if it is in the way, it's in the way!

[ QUOTE ]

Very true.

People do treat you completely differently depending on what car you're driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, welcome to the world.

For some reason, any hot hatch or hot looking hatch is something that really gets people's backs up (as are anything that looks 'performance orientated', I suppose). When I had my CTR I had no end of people looking to get one up on me - the worst being cars that were obviously slower (to anyone who cared or had two brain cells). Even had vans trying to race me FFS confused.gifsmashfreakB.gif

The Asbo I have now is better as it's stealth grey but I still get a bit of this. Just the other day I had a Mondeo TDCi trying to show me 'who was boss'.

Having said all that (and in confessional mode), it is rather fun to hand out a slapped arse every now and again, the Merk SLK a few years back (when I actually wasn't drving) was a particularly fun one grin.gif

I get loads of people wanting to race in the S3 but no one wants to try it on against the Porsche (except maybe other Porsches).

It's nearly always chav in their Saxos or similar(sorry) tailgating until you drop a cog or go round a corner.

That was pretty fun in the MCS too, corners having a chav in the boot until you got to a corner to see the look of terror when they realise they are going a bit quick to make it round.

[ QUOTE ]

i think your a bit harsh with blaming lorry drivers for tailgating small cars.i feel i speak for us all when i say any car going as slow as us is a bleedin nuisance and gets tail gated! we are an equal opportunity bunch.......

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you're confident you can stop as quickly as the vehicle your tailgating... EEK2.GIF