Only 150 miles on the clock and the .:R gets hit

burble

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The part number I was given is 1K0853651L3QL. From talking to a colleague in Munich he spoke to a dealer there and was told that the German equivilent of that part number is 1K0853651L3Q7, list price is €412 but that they're not available at present.

Thanks in advance for any help, it's appreciated 169144-ok.gif

The flip side of that though is that I'm driving a rag top Alfa which feels like it's made out of spam tins. I'd much rather be in something like the R in this sort of weather.

Anyway, I've not had the car long enough to wax it yet! It has spent more time in the bodyshop than it has with me.

Still, it's a good buy, if it means getting your car back on the road sooner!! I had the same thing last year when i slid in the snow and hit a grass verge. I cracked the bumber, grill and front panel. The car was away for about 3 weeks. If memory serves me correctly, it was the grill that was holding things up. Total cost for my wee slide...£850 crazy.gif

The cost of the part is pretty much irrelevant as the bodyshop will reimburse me once I give them the paperwork. That said, if I had a choice of paying out £150 now or waiting 3 months to get the car back I'd pay the £150 without question.

Entire front bumpers seem easier to get hold of, a few dealers I spoke to said they had stock and the German side of www.oempl.us said he could get me one in 2-3 days if I needed it.

I just had a call from the bodyshop. The .:R is currently being inspected by the quality manager and they are aiming to let me have it later this afternoon! If not today then it'll be ready for 9am tomorrow morning.

As luck would have it I'm off work tomorrow anyway so I'll have some time to get to know the .:R again laugh.gif

jump.gifjump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm, ten beers..... grin.gif glad I could help matey. Just keep the bubble wrap on that grille for a while!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking about getting a dirty great bull bar shoved on just to protect the grill smile.gif

I actually looked at eBay a couple of times on Saturday but there was nothing there so I'd given up hope of seeing one there.

It was sold by the wife of a guy who works in the car industry in London. Apparently they get all sorts of stuff to sell on.