• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

to clarify:

a) I said wet not damp

b) std cars so M3 CSL on track-focused Corsas

c) I was assuming that the CSL driver was not Schumacher, McRae or Woppum 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and some praise i rightly deserve wink.gif

in the wet you would prob need a very good driver in the csl to keep in touch. its very easy to get the bum out even on ps2's. having said that if the course isnt too tight in the twisties and allows for a bit more speed through the bend then i honest believe a csl should have it. in tight corners, where you will loose the power compared to the rs4 is on exit. it is just not simple case of getting the power back on traction is certainly a factor. in the faster corners a csl will shine. its balance really is fantastic and even with cups, in the wet (not damp) its alot quicker than the r32 i had before. i know the rs4 is much bigger fish but it swims in the same pond.

reason why i say all this is not to make the csl seam like a god (im the god;)), just i think TSN in general tries to scare the crap out of many members who would have possibly at some point considered rwd. ll i want to say is dont be shy, its not just a giggle but in alot of occasions faster too.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Disagree. In the damp a well driven CSL on PS's will still beat a well driven RS4. In the dry it will easilly beat one on PS2's and blow it away on cups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been smoking pot again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you been sniffing those poppers as im ready for you now~!

Do people exaggerate the dangers of RWD in the wet? yes

Does Woppum over anlayse and personalise a general argument? yes

Did I find an M3 a bit of a handful in the wet when pressing on with continual DSC interruption? yes

Was said M3 perfectly fine provided you kept behaviour and throttle input to 70% of max? Yes

Would a CSL on semi-slicks be worse? Yes

Will a 4wd well-sorted car like an RS4 be quicker in such conditions on UK roads whilst keeping within safe limits? Yes

* all over the above is assuming normal to good drivers not godlike species such as the Wopps, and would be admitted but even the most blinkered of M fanatics

** none of the above is a personal attack on M car drivers or the size of their nether regions, nor does it imply their cars are anything other than very fine cars

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Woppum thanks Riz for his opinion. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]You dont have to thank me..... i`ll send you the bill later grin.gif

CSL = Track

RS4 = Road

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Riz pengy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Riz my boy you are quite right in many ways to make such an assumption.

Truth be told I find the CSL a very pleasant road car, yes maybe a little more hardcore than the average but by no mean preposterous. It has a very nice paddle shift box. The seats are fairly comfy, the suspension isnt too hard and it is in fact a very very easy car to drive hard once you get to know it.

In fact I would go as far to say, in standard for at least, it is far more of a road car than a track car. Yes it is very accomplished on track but its still a heavy beast and by no means a Radical or an RSR. Only the current brakes I have on make the car too hardcore for most to be a road car, fine for me however and in fact many of the CSL community.

But thanks again.

All my love,

Woppum

By they way.... you have incorrectly stated you have ordered a Skyline GT-R...... it isnt a Skyline.... its the "Nissan GT-R"

The Skyline is a ugly looking car, saloon I think.

No need to give me your love as it makes me fear for my life....... jump.gif

Riz tongue.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

By they way.... you have incorrectly stated you have ordered a Skyline GT-R...... it isnt a Skyline.... its the "Nissan GT-R"

The Skyline is a ugly looking car, saloon I think.

No need to give me your love as it makes me fear for my life....... jump.gif

Riz tongue.gifwink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can never remember what number it is so simply call it the skyline. Dont be too scared, you will come round eventually!

charlie my man I agree but see the following problems from the article in car magazine (posted link in GTR section):

-the M3 is more fun on the track - IMVHO the M3 isnt a touch on the CSL and that is going to be my benchmark no matter what sadly. No doubt the Nissan will run rings round the CSL but id bet money on the fact it wont be as much fun.

- they couldnt make the car loose grip on the road, only the size seemed to slow them down. Id like it the other way round to be honest.

- it seems to be very hard to get the nissan out of shape. no doubt the 4wd system is very accomplished but i bet there is little chance of power oversteer wheel catching heroics which although i may be not the best at, am very partial too.

- the M3 was the best sounding of the bunch. hmmmnn. I thought it made a great noise but was very very restrained. turbo engines are always like this but alays had a glimmer of hope the nissan would defy earthly laws yet again.

- the size and eight of the thing. 1.8 tones and s-class size. need i say more!

I love the idea of a fast nissan. I think it looks great and its stats are incredible. But there is alot still putting me of keeping it.

_________

[ QUOTE ]

Disagree. In the damp a well driven CSL on PS's will still beat a well driven RS4. In the dry it will easilly beat one on PS2's and blow it away on cups.

gave up on this little game a while back but with such an obvious magnet for a rely like your adam, i couldnt resist. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I so hope one day we get to try out your theory, given it's comical value. Even on a track in the wet i've yet to encounter a CSL that can stay in-front. Dry, most certainly & if you start swearing sticky rubber then fair enough, but let's not be silly now. Science is after all science.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

to clarify:

a) I said wet not damp

b) std cars so M3 CSL on track-focused Corsas

c) I was assuming that the CSL driver was not Schumacher, McRae or Woppum 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and some praise i rightly deserve wink.gif

in the wet you would prob need a very good driver in the csl to keep in touch. its very easy to get the bum out even on ps2's. having said that if the course isnt too tight in the twisties and allows for a bit more speed through the bend then i honest believe a csl should have it. in tight corners, where you will loose the power compared to the rs4 is on exit. it is just not simple case of getting the power back on traction is certainly a factor. in the faster corners a csl will shine. its balance really is fantastic and even with cups, in the wet (not damp) its alot quicker than the r32 i had before. i know the rs4 is much bigger fish but it swims in the same pond.

reason why i say all this is not to make the csl seam like a god (im the god;)), just i think TSN in general tries to scare the crap out of many members who would have possibly at some point considered rwd. ll i want to say is dont be shy, its not just a giggle but in alot of occasions faster too.

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sniffing something. The RS4 & R32 in the same pond. I guess if you ignore the RS heritage, the extra 150BHP the better brakes & chassis & the RWD biais (shall i stop now) jump.gif Same pond my arse.

[ QUOTE ]

Do people exaggerate the dangers of RWD in the wet? yes

Does Woppum over anlayse and personalise a general argument? yes

Did I find an M3 a bit of a handful in the wet when pressing on with continual DSC interruption? yes

Was said M3 perfectly fine provided you kept behaviour and throttle input to 70% of max? Yes

Would a CSL on semi-slicks be worse? Yes

Will a 4wd well-sorted car like an RS4 be quicker in such conditions on UK roads whilst keeping within safe limits? Yes

* all over the above is assuming normal to good drivers not godlike species such as the Wopps, and would be admitted but even the most blinkered of M fanatics

** none of the above is a personal attack on M car drivers or the size of their nether regions, nor does it imply their cars are anything other than very fine cars

[/ QUOTE ]

A resounding yes from me as well.

How the feck the Golf R32 got thrown into this mix is beyond me. It's not even close to an RS4 or a CSL.

I had a very modified R32 and that would (only just!) keep up with a standard M3 round the track. The CSL is so stupidly quick in comparison to the R32 that it's not true. Drive one around Spa and try to keep up with a CSL and it's just not going to happen, but it will with a M3 or M3 CS - but again, both completely standard, compared to a very modified R32.

CSL or RS4? CSL for the track, without doubt. Tough call for the road, but I'd probably go for the RS4 (estate)because I've got kids and a big dog 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Woppum dont give a rats arse.

Woppum may even change back to 4wd if he takes a Nissan!

Adam smells of dung.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what a pathetic responce, but does NOT suprise me. coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At least Wopps has a sense of humour.... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

UHOH7.GIF