Leaving wax unbuffed overnight, okay or not?

techieboy

Have been treating the VX to a bit of lurvve on and off today whilst working. Ran out of time this evening but wondered whether it was safe to leave a car coated in a carnuba wax (Pinnacle Souveran, in this case) overnight and then to buff it off the next morning. Does it set into concrete if left? What about ambient temperatures (car is garaged but obviously will only be a couple of degrees warmer than outside), do this cause any adverse reaction?

Hello

PS (Pinnacle Souveran) is a very oily wax, its very forgiving so you should be ok! If the residue is wet all over the car then you may well find its a smearing pig to get off.

If its dry i would buff what you can off with a good MF towel, then use some QD on the tough bits. I have come back and found areas i have missed before and had to probs getting them off with a squirt of QD.

Geoff

Well, slapped some Souveran on at about 8:30 this morning and just finished buffing it off a few minutes ago. It came off okay but was certainly harder work than normal but didn't need to resort to the QD at any point.

So, in Souverans case it can be left okay. 169144-ok.gif

The question is, do I now go for another layer of it on top of this one.......