Rear window tint

Tonsko

Hi All,

How is the standard rear window tinited? At the factory? The reason I ask is because some kind soul knackered my boot lid just before christmas, and needed new glass etc.

Anyhow, I noticed today that the tint the repair shop put on has started bubbling a little. Now, obviously a phone call will be made, but can you buy already tinted rear windows from VW? Or do I have to sufffer the film that sticks on?

It's a MkIV

Cheers

When I had my rear passenge window smashed, it was covered under my insurance. The RAC Auto Windscreens guy asked if it smashed into many many pieces or did it stay cracked in one piece. I asked him why and it's because it's genuine factory fitted tints if it breaks into pieces. As Mook says, its aftermarket (laminated) if it's not. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi All,

How is the standard rear window tinited? At the factory? The reason I ask is because some kind soul knackered my boot lid just before christmas, and needed new glass etc.

Anyhow, I noticed today that the tint the repair shop put on has started bubbling a little. Now, obviously a phone call will be made, but can you buy already tinted rear windows from VW? Or do I have to sufffer the film that sticks on?

It's a MkIV

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

The mk4 R32 has a very slight tint, it's blue coloured too, which makes it different to every other GOLF mk4..

The Factory did not and does not offer any options of darker tints for the mk4.

Darker factory tints were made available as option only on the mk5 Golfs onwards.

So just make sure they used a BLUE tinted glass for your R32, and not the regular GREEN tinted glass that's fitted to other Golf mk4

Although you need to get your windows tinted again to match the rest of the car, it's imperative that you've got the correct glass to start with, or the finished Tint will differ to the rest of the windows.