Service Costs

Torino101

My g'friend just called up a Mini garage to find out the cost of a basic service - the car is an '02 Mini ONE that has done 20,000 miles - It's its 20,000 mile service it is going in for and she was just quoted over the phone for the basic service £350.....

That seems astronomically high to me - I’m just going to call the garage myself to see if this is a "rip off females" quote - but just wanted to get opinions here first before I have a rant at the garage.

Is this the normal price?? I used to pay £170 for the S2000!!

I don't have the cars documents to hand so I don't know if this is a "Major" service, but even so.....

EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

(edit)....Oh, they said they would wash and hoover it for me. Great, thanks. coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to you of course, but I would ask them specifically not to wash/valet the car at all. I can see it now.... they'll get the trainee "valeter" with his dreaded yellow sponge and bucket of dirty water out and posbily wreck your paintwork frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

(edit)....Oh, they said they would wash and hoover it for me. Great, thanks. coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to you of course, but I would ask them specifically not to wash/valet the car at all. I can see it now.... they'll get the trainee "valeter" with his dreaded yellow sponge and bucket of dirty water out and posbily wreck your paintwork frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, took the missus mini in the other day for some warranty work and they asked whether i would like it hoovered and washed to which i promptly replied "please dont touch it, but thanks"

Watched the valetor at my local vw dealer last week cleaning a lovely r32. He kept putting his chamois leather on the floor, stepping away to inspect his work, then picking it back up and giving each drip another wipe. Poor R32 smashfreakB.gif