Mk V GTi Trade in R32 Dublin

Ken1

Folks,

I'm in Dublin and looking at a 2007 demo R32 in a dealers with 9,000 kms on. Just curious what kind of money anyone from Ireland might think the dealer will look for from me to trade. You can see the sepc of my 05 gti below. The cost of the R32 is listed as €48,750 euro.

I just want to see what anyone out there thinks first as I am tempted by their offer !

Ken,

I was trading in my '05 gti a year ago 4 another gti and dealer offered me only 25k on a trade-in and i was gettin no discount! I sold it private for 26,500 and then got the discount on new one. I reckon with ur spec u should look for 25 - 26k private but i'd say you'll be lucky if dealer offers any more than 23k. Did they offer discount on the R?

....petsy is right! (he usually is but I don't want to admit it!)

Some of you may remember the R32 worm which got inside my brain and caused me to borrow a Mk5 R32 and test drive it back-to-back on exactly the same roads etc. The .:R is a great car and that V6 sound is extremely seductive, but it's not as nimble as the GTI and a heck of a lot thirstier. Just exercising the loud pedal to hear the xzorst music is a potential licence loser! The swop would have cost me about £4k!!

With a capable driver, I'd say that my modded GTI is quicker than a standard R32, more economical and more nimble. But each to their own.

169144-ok.gif

Red , I know you are right and everything tells me I would be nuts to spend the money but I can't get the idea out of my head at the moment , maybe it will pass but the particular R I was looking at just really looks the dogs !

I do love my gti though!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Red , I know you are right and everything tells me I would be nuts to spend the money but I can't get the idea out of my head at the moment , maybe it will pass but the particular R I was looking at just really looks the dogs !

I do love my gti though!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was quite tempted to swap my GTI recently, Ken, but have come to the conclusion that I can't part with it. My family's expanding and I had thought about an 1.8T A4 Avant and remapping it, but there's nothing available IMO that can beat the MKV GTI all things considered; unless of course you spend £40k +. No doubt you are, but sleep on it and sleep on it some more! Good luck in which ever you choose 169144-ok.gif

Dude I did the same thing (GTi to R32) and regretted it.

The R32 is soooooo much heavier, poorer fuel economy but the most disappointing thing was the loss of fun factor against the GTi.

I would do the remap and pocket the difference.

And im getting back into a GTi after an E46 M3!

wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well i gave in and traded my 05 gti for a May 2007 demo with 10,000km's silver 5 dr r32 as follows:

dsg

privacy glass

cruise control

sun roof

park distance control

folding mirrors with some kerb memory function ???

arm rest

looks great will have it next week after i transfer my vw sat nav and phatbox from my gti over to it .

Can't wait !!!

[ QUOTE ]

Dude I did the same thing (GTi to R32) and regretted it.

The R32 is soooooo much heavier, poorer fuel economy but the most disappointing thing was the loss of fun factor against the GTi.

I would do the remap and pocket the difference.

And im getting back into a GTi after an E46 M3!

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]....Glad to see you found the right GTi poobarr,you did'nt have to wait too long either.. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

probaby would let it go for 45k cash. I have checked around and on the face of it the offer is pretty good. The tax aand insurance is heavy though , 1500 to tax and my insurance goes from 500 to 1600 , might just leave it !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ken,

Best of luck with the new car! The 1600 quote on insurance seems really high though. Our GTI is about €650 per year with wife and me on it, but was delighted when recently I was quote only €850 insurance on a 06 M5 - another day's story ooo.gif

I saw some lovely R's down in Grange motors before Christmas; was passing the time waiting on an NCT of our other car; but whilst they were great looking cars I could not bring myself to move (wife) from the GTI.

PADDY, I BOUGHT THE SILVER ONE FROM GRANGE MOTORS ! A MINTER. I AM ONLY PAYING 500EURO INSURANCE ON THE GTI , AND HAVE MANAGED TO GET A QUOTE FOR 1,000 EURO ON THE R BUT AM PUTTING PRESSURE ON EXISTING INSURER RE THERE 1600 QUOTE !