Revo'd on a whim

burble

Well, not exactly a whim but it wasn't planned.

I was supposed to going to APS this morning to have some H&R ARB's fitted but got an email from Ed yesterday saying there were problems with the UK distributor not delivering when promised so my ARB's hadn't arrived. Ed has generously offered me a discount on the original price and I've rebooked for 7th March.

I had already booked the day off work and was looking forward to having the .:R tweaked a bit so I got in touch with the guys at Revo HQ to ask about getting the car Revo'd after getting the ARB's fitted next week but that wasn't an option so I ended up going and having it done today.

My previous car, a Mk IV PD 150 was Revo'd about 5 years ago with some very impressive results. I knew the results on the .:R wouldn't be the same but what I have ended up with is a much more driveable car - the power delivery is much sharper and it just seems to keep coming!

I went out in the .:R with Kev and his laptop in the passenger seat to find what combination of settings I preferred and suffice to say I'm very very pleased with the results.

Originally I was going to get it remapped at APS but I like the possibility to go back to stock settings using the select switch so Revo it was.

If you join www.uk-mkivs.net, you can also get a little discount with Adrian Flux. I'm told I may have trouble if I ever need to claim from AF, and they can be difficult to get on the phone, but I found them quite competitively priced with mods. Although they want to be informed of everything, only the performance changes seem to have increased the premium.

[ QUOTE ]

Who are you insured with Burble for all these mods?

Does it make a big difference to your insurance? I have basically avoided thinking about modding because of this, but am starting to feel the urge! FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Greenlight. All the mods together have added about £200ish to my insurance.

[ QUOTE ]

What Revo stage have you gone for?? Personally i would have stuck with APS, but thats IMO. I had the Revo software and it was nothing but bother, but that was the stage 2 map.

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I went for a stage 1. To go for stage 2 I need sports cats and a few others odds and sods and I've got other plans for my disposable income right now so future mods will have to wait for a while.

[ QUOTE ]

Who are you insured with Burble for all these mods?

Does it make a big difference to your insurance? I have basically avoided thinking about modding because of this, but am starting to feel the urge! FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean, try Adrian Flux www.adrianflux.co.uk I spent ages shopping around and they were the best that I found for modded cars. Like-for-like insurance too 169144-ok.gif