Small car...

Woppum

...guys I know you are probably getting quite fed up with my to and from attitude towards this CO2 stuff however im not going to pay the £6000+ p/a i hve decided.

My choice is either public transport, good but not massivly conveniant, or a small car. I think I need the option of 2 types:

- best value little car that is fun and under the CO2 225 band. Maybe an early cooper s? dont know?

- best value small car - look at cheap as chips and just to be used as a car to get from a to b. it will never get a wash and i wont care about it! I dont care what this is or how old it is, but has to be as close to trouble free as possible, take a good thrashing and be as cheap as chips. Did i say cheap as chips?

Any advice apreciated... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Get an E30 with an E36 M3 Evo engine in it. smile.gif Fast, comparatively cheap and you COULD leave it registered as an old 318i. 169144-ok.gif

Just me then? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be keeping the CSL, just locked away for weekends/trackdays. sorry if i wasnt clear...

[ QUOTE ]

Get an E30 with an E36 M3 Evo engine in it. Fast, comparatively cheap and you COULD leave it registered as an old 318i.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....and not be insured. Great plan UHOH7.GIF

Fiat Panda would be my call or a decent mini if its applicable on the co2 rates...

Look at what we have come too.....Red Ken is really going in hard and fast on the Motorists in London. Really I would rather put a bullet in my head than live down there, that said Manchester is next frown.gif

I tell you this is going to destroy the luxury used car market in the UK given the amount of wealth centred in the South....

My opinion f*** red ken and f*** labour SAUER0421.GIF

in the 3 years I've owned my car, only things needing replacement have been either done under recall or what you expect on a 10y.o car (exhaust, cv joint boot) the robot built fiat FIRE engine units are pretty much indestructable, and the multijet soot chuckers are probably best in class.

here's one off autotrader:

2004 04 Reg FIAT Punto 1.9 JTD Eleganza

Price:

£4,350

Features:

* 26,000 miles

* Manual

* Red

* Diesel

* Hatchback

* 1910 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 26,000 miles, Metallic RED, MOT-07-2008. ABS, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Lumbar support, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Side airbags. Insurance Group:7,

There is a nice 182 currently for sale. 40k miles, £5995. Will it last a few years? Will I have to maintain it much (apart from possibly tyres?). I take it does about 35mpg+ (not that it makes a huge amount of diffrence in a little car like this).

There is a nice 182 currently for sale. 40k miles, £5995. Will it last a few years? Will I have to maintain it much (apart from possibly tyres?). I take it does about 35mpg+ (not that it makes a huge amount of diffrence in a little car like this).

then there are civic type r's for £6k.

[ QUOTE ]

then there are civic type r's for £6k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I'd go for a £6k CTR - circa £8k is still the sensible point.

Then again, not sure I'd like to drive a CTR around London at all as they don't have the most compliant suspension in the world (plus it can be a bit fragile and not that cheap to fix).

As for the Renault, I get the impression that they are a bit rattly and cheap (but tough) if you get a good one but an unreliable heap of dung.gif if you don't.