Day 2; Already a problem! Dealer Valeters!!!

Nelson_R32

Well I thought as the weather was good I would clean the R32 today. Which wasn't a good idea because it just pissed me off for the rest of the day.

Firstly, the WHOLE car is still covered in Transit Wax; Yes it looks shiny, but rub your hand on the side of the car and it's like rubbing up against Sandpaper.

Secondly, the Valeters that cleaned the car have left wheel acid on one of the wheels for too long and one of the rear alloy wheels already has a 5cmx2cm area of corrosion on it slap.gif It was only it's second day on the road.

I left a message with the Dealership just saying that what there valeters had done (and noted that I use virosol on my wheels) and for them to call me back. But it's pissed me off because it's ALREADY a trip to the Dealers frown.gif

I don't think i would ever collect a car on the first day of new registrations, we had around 30 cars + 15 Demos all going through the valeting bay at the end of last week all for delivery on the 1st, with the best will in the world they are never going to all be perfect, better off waiting til the madness ends and then collecting when the valeters have more time to pamper your new baby!

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to here that Neil; I had the very same problem with my last car mate; Valeters 123576-assfeck.gif Had to do the job myself, wheels survived though. 169144-ok.gif

Make em pay. coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I remember your problems well grin.gif We've made sure our valeters have been properly trained now 169144-ok.gif

I'm going to hopefully get them to pay towards a full paint detail from Nathan (Jedi), but I'm not holding my breath tongue.gif

My Audi arrived dirty and with corroded wheel centres. It was a company car but that's not the point. I complained and they coughed up for a pro valet. Wasn't good to have to take your own car home to have a wash and take marks off it when it costs so much and was a day old. crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I reckon VW must have changed their transit wax you know, because the stuff I've used for years, isn't working on new VW's. I've now changed to a different product, and it's fine! I wonder if the dealer you used are not aware of this/are using the old product.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't use transit wax anymore (at least I don't think so). Thats why they have the white protective plastic on them instead!