Eibach coilovers

BLOCK

Well ive been debating what to do suspension wise for a while now and have finally bitten the bullet today and ordered a set of Eibach pro street s coilovers. i eventually went the coilover route as i wasnt sure if springs would give the improvement in ride i was looking for and i also was not sure if any of them would drop low enough for me.

I have run coilovers in 3 of my last 4 cars and have always been impressed with them, so hopefully in a chassis as good as the mk5's they should be spot on.

i'll post some pics and info hopefully tomorrow if they arrive 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Im not sure but if i lie a ruler over the top of the tyre and then measure to the arch theres an 11mm gap, so about 1 finger. Before that i could get 4 fingers in so im guessing about 35mm ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any tyre-scrapping or banging from potholes etc?

Cost was £653 inc vat and delivery so not much more than normal shocks and springs. As far as fitting goes i did it myself.

The handling is bloody brilliant, pretty much all of the roll has been eliminated while also retaining a ride as good as standard.

• 3 weeks later...

They are going really well, ive raised the height of them about 5 mm all round to accomodate when i have 4 in the car now which still leaves it pretty low. The ride is only a touch harder than stock and its only on worse than b roads you can tell comfort wise, the handling is now how i would have liked it to be from standard as in theres alot less roll and lift of the car in braking, acceleration and over brows etc.

The old farts i travel to work with never even realised it was any different from stock on a drive to work untill i told them and thats a 20 mile commute.

Potholes do feel a little more harsh but only a little and over speed humps with the back droppped all the way down it was catching with 4 people in, this now seems cured with the 5mm raise.

I got the alignment checked after about 2 weeks of having them fitted once id settled on a ride height and it was all found to be within tolerance so nothing was adjusted. The camber is not adjustable so i'll still keep having a peep at the tyres to check no excess wear is occuring, although theres not really alot i could do if there was.

Any more Q's just ask. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thats great mate 169144-ok.gif considering not changing the golf at the moment. If I don't then I might purchase some of these grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Thats my excuse too mate, i was looking at R32's in january but decided against it and just changed mine a bit with LED tails, eibach coils, and a milltek non res.

Im more than happy with it now ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Looks good... I'm thinking about getting the Eibach Pro-Kit springs, as money is a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

Would like to see a new picture side on at your new ride height.... if poss

cheers

martininwillerby

[/ QUOTE ] i'll try and get you a pic tomorrow fella when i wash it 169144-ok.gif