Black Box recording in cars

RichTT

....To quote from the link:

"The little black box contains a 270,000 pixel CCD camera that gets attached to the rear view mirror. A main control unit is stored elsewhere in the car and can detect an impact to the vehicle, sudden steering movements or exaggerated acceleration or deceleration."

I'm wondering how "exaggerated acceleration" would be defined - Anything faster than 0-60 in under 10 seconds?? frown.gif

I'd be in favour if but only if the information it produces is mine to use as I see fit. In fact, I've been tinkering to see what I can rig up for myself.

My worry is that if it becomes standard then we will be expected to email the files off to [email protected] every month*. Then I will become distinctly unhappy about it.

--------------------------------

*after all, those with nothing to hide have nothing to fear...

[ QUOTE ]

I'd be in favour if but only if the information it produces is mine to use as I see fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there is the problem. If you decline to hand over the footage you must be guilty because otherwise why are you refusing to hand over the footage? Privacy and presumption of innocence take a long walk off a short pier.