730d sport

Gangle

I am getting itchy feet again, time to change the 5 series. I had been thinking about a 535 or a 335d touring but am now getting drawn to the 7 series, they look to be an amazing used buy. I have been offered a sep 07 (57) 730d sport with comfort access, 20" alloys, H/F Seats, High gloss Ash and Universal remote in Silver/Black, 6000 odd miles for 36k ish. This retails at over £57k new, so has lost a BIG chunk already.

Just wondered if anybody rates these or has any opinions, as have never read any posts on here about the 7's shocked.gif

I know what you mean about the looks, but the sport on 20" wheels in silver looks pretty good IMO, have got to travel 150 miles for the deal but have been offered 30k for my car (2k more than local dealer) and the car is very well priced compared to other 57 reg's

Well the deal is done, 5.5k and mine, deposit paid over phone and just got to arrange a day next wk for change. I agree with you Gareth that it has a long way to depreciate, but I seem to have got a great deal compared to others offered across the country, some 57 plates with my spec going for 40k+. Cooper Ipswich had an almost identical car for £45,995 and sold it this week for £41,995! Anyway I dont usually keep cars for more than a year so can still have a 335/535 or maybe even an XF or RR Sport 169144-ok.gif

By the way the pics are of MY car.

I was given a 745 for a 48 hour test drive when the current shape 7 was launched. It really was superb - an excellent car.

Not the one for me; there was a lot of weight there and you felt it often enough. But the way it handled despite that weight, and the feel of the interior, was just 169144-ok.gif

Maybe when I grow up wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I am getting itchy feet again, time to change the 5 series. I had been thinking about a 535 or a 335d touring but am now getting drawn to the 7 series, they look to be an amazing used buy. I have been offered a sep 07 (57) 730d sport with comfort access, 20" alloys, H/F Seats, High gloss Ash and Universal remote in Silver/Black, 6000 odd miles for 36k ish. This retails at over £57k new, so has lost a BIG chunk already.

Just wondered if anybody rates these or has any opinions, as have never read any posts on here about the 7's shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

335d or 535d are a far better buy in every respect. Any 7 series still has only way to go residual wise Flush.gif

But also 600 miles between fill ups nearly every time, so pretty good in that respect.

I have to say, I really like the 730d sport, my old man went from an S300cdi to one, mainly because they had it with £20k off list and gave him £5k over the odds for his car, it became a no brainer, a new shape S320cdi over 2 years, even as an ex-demo would have cost him £1200 a month, the 730d was half that.

I have used it a fair bit and it is a very impressive bit of kit, it is so much better than his S-Class, even as a passenger. He did actually like the A8 tdi, he had that on demo for the weekend, but the BMW won out, which really surprised me with my old man.

He said he knew it had to be the BMW after a week back in the Merc, he really wanted to get back in the BMW again, really was an enjoyable car to drive.

He has now had it for 10 or 12 months I guess, and still loves it. He was ready to change the S-Class at a year, he said he may buy this one at the end of the lease.

Enjoy it mate. 169144-ok.gif