Numpty in Porsche

330dcoupe

Still better than the ones that buy Porsches to keep them in the garage and wax them once a week.

There's a guy whinging about new Porsche Club concours rules that penalise him for having a low mileage for the car's age. Turns out he's had it since new and has done something like 100 miles a year in it for the last 15 years. Like, what was the point in buying it??

And he expects to enter a concours and be on a level playing field with cars that have 150-180k miles under their belt??

Prize muppet!

Cruising back up the A1(M) and coming up to Yaxley at 11pm, me on the inside lane at 80, alightly weary and wanting to get home after playing squash for the first time in 16 months blush.gif, and this newish Carrera of some number passes me at 85/90. Fine.

He heads up the Yaxley exit, and I follow as the gantry signs are flashing 50, accident ahead, and I would've come off at Peterborough, but Yaxley is OK.

Anyway, I catch up to him at the end of the slip, and the roundabout is empty. I expect him to do the decent thing and take it wide and fast (like every roundabout/bend/curve I have come across on my trip home). Oh no, he basically stops, gets out, checks there is no-one coming and then pootles round the roundabout at 20 [insert yawning smiley here], and exits off up to Yaxley, indicator flashing left now as if taking the left turn once off the roundabout to the cheaplodge hotel. Nope, stops indicating after that turn and then boots it on the straight. Why???

Anyway, I catch him up at the Yaxley lights - which are red, and he turns into the village. muppet!!!!!

The road was bone dry, it was 3 deg outside and absolutley no reason to pootle round the roundabout.

Obviously a straight-line driver (American??) with no idea about corners and what his car can do

[ QUOTE ]

Still better than the ones that buy Porsches to keep them in the garage and wax them once a week.

There's a guy whinging about new Porsche Club concours rules that penalise him for having a low mileage for the car's age. Turns out he's had it since new and has done something like 100 miles a year in it for the last 15 years. Like, what was the point in buying it??

And he expects to enter a concours and be on a level playing field with cars that have 150-180k miles under their belt??

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif