I need a new mobile phone......

Luke

[ QUOTE ]

I got a Nokia N95 8GB a month ago from 3 Mobile, have to say it's the best phone I have ever had, simple to use with all those bells and whistles......cost me £30 a month, phone was free....

[/ QUOTE ]

does it work properly with bluetooth car systems?? I know N series phones are a nightmare, or were.

I like the look of this phone but need it to work in the car and fully with contacts and caller id etc.

Nokia N & E series are ok as long as your car has the latest version of the phone module "Q" in the A3/A4/TT/R8 and "K" in the new A4/A5/A6/A8/Q7.

But you will need the Nokia 810 contacts download manager installed on the phone to get the address book across to the car.

As long as you have the above then the Nokias are fine with the Audi BT preps.

Well we've had a fair number of people complain that the Nokia N95/N91 etc are pants with Bluetooth. They work, but they're often having to reboot the phones as even their Nokia headsets don't always link with the phone after a little while of not being used.

I'd stay clear of Nokia these days. SE all the way.

Which is why I said as long as you have the above.

Also firmware is a big issue in the Nokias, as well as SE phones. I've lost count of the software upgrades I've done to the phones I've owned to fix issues with car kits.

[ QUOTE ]

Well we've had a fair number of people complain that the Nokia N95/N91 etc are pants with Bluetooth. They work, but they're often having to reboot the phones as even their Nokia headsets don't always link with the phone after a little while of not being used.

I'd stay clear of Nokia these days. SE all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Problem is SE don't have a standard ring ring anymore. It HAS to be a piece of music which not everyone wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy enough to get hold of a MP3 that sounds that way. My dad downloaded one from the SE website as he didn't want music playing when the phone rang.