Gum abscess

drpellypo

Yes you do slap.gif

Nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid. It'll be caused by an infection so if you don't sort it out, you'll end up in a shed load more pain and you'll really regret not doing something about it.

I've got an in-built fear of dentists due to a very nsaty experience when I was younger - all you need to do is ask for an injection before they do anything about it and then, while they're poking around in your mouth, if the dentist is female, just imagine her naked, or, if it's a bloke, imagine the assistant naked - unless you prefer blokes, of course... tongue.gif

Doesn't matter if they look like a sack of potatoes - it'll still make you smile 169144-ok.gif

I had one of these in November. I had previously had a heavy cold which also gave me blocked sinuses. It was then followed by really bad toothache which kept me awake at night and in much pain for about 3 days. I tried to get a dentist appointment which my practice advised wouldn't be sooner than 4 days (private too!). I decided to go to the doctors who 'thought'that the infection could have come through some tubes in my cheeks which are connected to my sinuses. I was given some mild antibiotics by the doc and the whole thing cleared up within 36 hours. I cancelled the dentist appointment and left it until my regular check up in Jan. All has been well since. Remember - doctors are cheaper than dentists and they don't pull your feckin teeth out! grin.gif