S4 Service

Leon3000

I know I can check quickly enough - but you guys will probably answer before I get a chance to dig out my service book. My car is saying service is due in 24 days or 3700 miles. Is it the case of which ever is sooner?

I only do 6000 miles a year so the later would be better!!

Leon your probably better off moving to fixed service intervals. I too only do about 6000miles and recently moved over to fixed intervals. Doing such low miles, probably short journeys, does not do any favours for your oil. Any toxins/contaminants in the oil will not burn off properly due to oil not getting hot enough during short journeys. This effectivly reduces the performance of the oil over time.

Can you please explain what this is / how often I'll need a service. I'm a little dim you see ;)

Do I ask Audi to change my DIS settings?

There's two types of servicing your car can be set to -fixed interval, in which case your car needs to be serviced every year or every 10K miles. The second one is Variable Service (a.k.a. AVS for Audis) - this is when the car keeps an eye on the degradation of the oil in your engine and shouts at you when to get it serviced.

Personally, I would never go more than a year without getting a car serviced, because oil degrades over time -degraded oil = more wear on your engine.

Next time you get your car serviced, you can ask the dealer to change the service interval on the car to fixed, rather than AVS.

HTH

:beer: