Which Sat nav?

Dave

I have the 720 and generally it is OK. I can't comment on the others as I havent used them.

It is annoying in places: Zoom out won't stay zoomed out! routes it chooses aren't always the most appropriate and is slow to pick up on a deviation from the chosen route! Most annoying thing is the speaker - on full volume it is hard to have a phone conversation via bluetooth as its too quiet and sound quality is just about 'ok-ish'!

I'm in a similar boat here - The one funtionality it must have for me is 7 digit postcode entry - which is the cheapest good quality Sat Nav that has this??

I bought my wife the basic Tom Tom One, and more recently I bought my Dad the Tom Tom XL - both seem excellent to me, and for £150-£200 include all the functionality you could wish for including traffic program and speed camera downloads!

:beer:

Sidicks

I bought my wife the basic Tom Tom One, and more recently I bought my Dad the Tom Tom XL - both seem excellent to me, and for £150-£200 include all the functionality you could wish for including traffic program and speed camera downloads!

Sidicks

I already have the very original TomTom One - but it only has 4 digit postcode recognition which is fricking irritating. I don't know whether the latest "One's" have 7 digit recognition, as I can't find anything about it on TomToms website......

I've got a TomTom One v2 (recently replaced by a newer model) and it certainly supports 7 digit postcode searches. Saying that, I thought TomTom had always supported 7 digit postcodes (certainly did a good few years back on my PDA version). Works very well, especially if you enable the "map corrections" functionality through TomTom home.

Sidicks

one of the good features of the 720 I have is the speed camera database - works quite well actually.