Car tax up £100 to £400

byron13

Not so bothered by the £400 but just a bit of a kick in the teeth when I got the bill showing £300 and I only do about 3000 miles a year. I am with Dave on this, more and more people will not bother paying it rather than buy a bloody prius or other such car. I just see this as a tax on those who can afford to pay rather than a green tax, tell me the extra dosh goes into a pot to pay for alt energy research or whatever then fine but it does not it just gives darling and dreary brown more money to throw waste on red tape and welfare!!

Not so bothered by the £400 but just a bit of a kick in the teeth when I got the bill showing £300 and I only do about 3000 miles a year. I am with Dave on this, more and more people will not bother paying it rather than buy a bloody prius or other such car. I just see this as a tax on those who can afford to pay rather than a green tax, tell me the extra dosh goes into a pot to pay for alt energy research or whatever then fine but it does not it just gives darling and dreary brown more money to throw waste on red tape and welfare!!

A bit like this you mean .... Untaxed vehicles on the increase:coffee:

Yes but you people have got such lovely motor`s... its only a small price to pay for that kind of performance.

Riz +++

I guess that is one way to look at it Riz BUT - Road Fuel Duty takes into account consumption where as Road Tax does not - £400 just because it's an expensive motor is b@llocks I think. It may push out 335 g of stuff but as I only do about 2000 miles a year it makes a mockery of the Tax as a sub 200 g of stuff doing 10000 miles per year pollutes much more!!! It's an ownership tax IMHO and this is after the tax on earnings to pay for it and the VAT to buy it !!!

Your right!

Everything seems to be money money money with this government!

We pay taxes from our earnings

We pay vat on goods we buy

We pay council tax

We pay road tax

We pay fuel duty

We pay duty on other items like booze and fags

Anything else?

Why doesnt the government just make one tax! one figure and thats it!

One word to describe em t@ssers

Riz :mad: