Has anyone found the BMW diesels

Golfer

My first diesel BMW was an E46 330d (auto), which got much more economical after about 10k miles. My 535d also definitely got more economical over time; when new I struggled to top 30mpg (pre efficient dynamics E61 :(), but after 10k miles it'd easily do mid to high 30s on a run.

On the other hand our 120d averaged around 42mpg when new (again, pre efficient dynamics), and didn't really get much better even after 20k+ miles :confused:

So, in summary, some do, and some don't, which I''m sure is no use to you at all :P Sorry...

Peter

Many thanks for the replies, I maybe could have worded it somewhat clearer.

I test drove the X6 35D in high winds and it gave average of 30MPG not lower over 97 miles and that was straight out of the box, I was thinking it should end up a bit better after a few K, thats why I asked, all the Audi diesels get better with miles ( well the one's i've bought anyway).

The 635DS has to be fare improved about 3MPG over the 6K it has covered.

Now getting 35 mpg from my 535d at 5k miles vs 28 mpg at sub 1k miles. Could be I've calmed down or could be the DMS twiddle.

Nice improvement, I am going for the P-Tronic box I think, easy On/Off the Car just in case.+++

• 10 months later...