Satnav on a scooter/motorcycle

Im thinking of getting satnav on my little scooter but would rather go for a cheapy under £100 car satnav that paying like £200+ for a bike specific one.

Is bluetooth the only option I have to hear the voice directions through a bluetooth handsfree earpiece or plug earphones directly into it running into my helmet?

Just wondering what others have done with this,

Daz.

I have AutoCom for my phone and iPod. On the rare occasion I need SatNav, I plug my car's TomTom 910 in instead of the iPod (my satnav can play music as well so I still get entertained). I just throw it inside my tank bag. I can't see it but with the audio to the headset (cabelled) it does the job without distracting me.

For my info then it may be worth you checking out the motorbike forum on Pocket GPS World

• 1 month later...

So if i go for a bluetooth satnav for a car, pop the unit in my jacket pocket and listen to directions hands free through a bluetooth headset?

Is that what the advantage of bluetooth is? Handsfree and ability to communicate with your phone. Am i right?

Also, if i was to go for a bike specific satnav, i dont really have anywhere on the handlebars to fit it. It is a scooter/moped so the handlebars are all plastic.

Would i need to cut away at the surrounding plastic on the handlebars to fit the bike satnav. IT would be much better if i could see and hear?

Whats the best or cheapest way to go about satnav on a bike? Would a rechargable car satnav with bluetooth be my best choice for cheapness and functionality u rekon?

• 2 months later...