'58 Plate Cars

max_b

I thoughts car plates changed 1 September.......

anybody else not seen a 58 plate car yet or more so who's got a new 58 plate car?

I know times are bad but 3 days in and i've still not seen anything new and i've been on the road last 2 days!

or have I completely bodged that up and 58 plates start October?

Not seen any either.... whats going on :confused: I remember everybody used to pickup their brand new cars on the 1st and drove them around with big cheesy grins on their faces etc.... not seen one at all!

Is this the end of high new car sales?

Riz :rolleyes:

I saw two 58 plates today - Rav4 parked next to me in the M4 services near swindon. Another was a small Toyota hatch with a tow bar (tow bar made it look at least 3 years old!) on the M4 Newbury.

Not that many around though compared to usual.

Well despite the RS6 doubtless being an awesome car, I just can't see them selling many of them. Completely apart from the ludicrous list price, they're just out of their boxes in the economic climate that's been building for the past year or more.

Still, there'll be a few cheap ones around in a year's time +++

Well despite the RS6 doubtless being an awesome car, I just can't see them selling many of them. Completely apart from the ludicrous list price, they're just out of their boxes in the economic climate that's been building for the past year or more.

Still, there'll be a few cheap ones around in a year's time +++

Indeed, it's depreciation speed and amount reminds me a lot of the BMW M6. These are ludcrously cheap now.

I'd still rather have an M5 Touring over one these though.

ndeed, it's depreciation speed and amount reminds me a lot of the BMW M6. These are ludcrously cheap now.
Dealer I know has a 55 plate M6 up for £40k. He wants out of it as he can't shift it and is getting trade to trade bids of around £26k:eek:. It is currently losing £3500 a month!!

Really? I think they're an incredible drive and the weight really isn't an issue. When you put your foot down it shakes off its weight and gives you an idea of what it might be like to stand on a landmine. It's 120kg lighter than the M5 aswell which really shows. The thirstiest car i've ever drove but ya' know.

Like you said, I love them too. Gonna wait a few months and see what price I can try and pick one up for.