Lexus 48 hour test drive !

theduisbergkid

After seeing this thread Lexus EU have just lost out on the sale of an IS-F. i think i shall just head to the BMW Garage up in Marbella and order an m3 5-door ohh well. thanks for your opinion Mr Maindealer.

Yikes, Not good hey and welcome to Tyresmoke. :beer:

Have you had a test drive of the IS-F and the M3? Opinions?

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread, but deffo a wind up....

Did remind me of my experience when looking to buy an IS220d, when comparing to the 320d M Sport Touring i was about to buy...... I pointed to the Sat-Nav (at the TMC badge) and said ....."does the TMC work in the UK?"..... - his reply......

Yes, it's Toyota Motor Corporation. Not a word of a lie!!!!!! I just sat there silent. They did try hard to get my business, but both the Salesman and the Finance Director at the dealership were patronising tw*ts.

I still like some Lexus' though +++

I don't reckon it is a wind-up. Maybe he's got his P45 this morning, because his boss read this thread :eek:

Mr Lexus Maindealer - I hear what you're saying about you having a hard time at the minute - all dealers are, but coming on here and hurling abuse about sure hasn't won Lexus any fans.

But get yourself a little bit of reality - the UK is in recession. Every business is having a hard time, so I've got no reason to feel sorry for car dealers having a hard time of it.

Expect this thread to go on for a long time...

no-one would be so stupid to admit who they work for, then call everyone naughty things, would they ?

It happened the other way round, Rich. First thing he did was call you a tit, then call loads of other people knobhead, before saying he worked for Syntner.

Now if you were in the same situation and you'd realised you'd dug yourself a big hole (and you were still digging) would you say who you really worked for, or say you worked for your competitor who keeps nicking deals from you..?

If Mr Lexus Maindealer works for Syntner then I'm a fish.

I don't reckon it is a wind-up. Maybe he's got his P45 this morning, because his boss read this thread :eek:

Mr Lexus Maindealer - I hear what you're saying about you having a hard time at the minute - all dealers are, but coming on here and hurling abuse about sure hasn't won Lexus any fans.

But get yourself a little bit of reality - the UK is in recession. Every business is having a hard time, so I've got no reason to feel sorry for car dealers having a hard time of it.

Expect this thread to go on for a long time...

Just maybe the chap was sick and typing this from home - went to work and got his P45?

Greetings from the jon44w.com, a N.I. car enthusiasts website.

We have been taking names for the 48hr test drive and would like to know if it will be in alphabetical order or on a first come first serve basis. We would also like to know if all 348 test drives will be honoured :P

I've been reading this thread with increasing disbelief and have to throw in my 2 cents.

Here we go again, what a bloody surprise, it's an Audi driver!!! to quote Jeremy Clarkson " all Audi drivers are cocks" and this is clearly the case with you my friend. I suggest you shut up and look forward to huge service bills and piss poor service next time you go to your dealer.

Here we go again. If you're one of these complete dimwits who gets brainwashed by everything Clarkson says then you'll recall him aswell that the M3 beat the IS-F in just about every way imaginable - And that's because it's actually Lexus' who are piss poor in comparison not the other way around.

Have you ever driven an equivalent Audi or BMW? Obviously not. Or you're judgemental skills are that of a small goat.

It's people like you that really piss me off. As a Lexus Main Dealer, I have to put up with rubbish like you wasting my bloody time and expecting me to bend over backwards to accomodate your every wish. The motor trade is tough at the moment and we can well do without vermin like you f***ing us about. I suggest that next time you go to the tip you take your BMW and your Scenic with you and leave them there you cock.

Stop whining. You're a salesman, and not the only one who is having to survive in the current economical climate.

You deal with the general public and not all of them are a salesman's dream. They are parting with their hard earned cash - that they don't have as much of - on a depreciating asset. It's what your job entails, SELLING people a car, i.e Talking to them and (Trying) to convince them not to buy from a rival brand like Datsun...Or Ssangyong.

Dream customers who are adament on a certain car without looking at different brands are few and far between these days, and ironically go against the definiton of a "Salesman" because you then aren't actually having to sell them a car. Just filling out V5's and Sales Order forms.

When you work for Lexus and comment on a public forum, you represent the brand and the reputation it comes with. And have done a magnificent job in giving it a bad name.

The other problem is that you obviously seem to think the brand is bigger than it is. Lexus has never been a BMW or Audi beater and never will be, it's a rebranded Toyota for crying out loud (No offence to Toyota's). Wake up to the real world.

Edited by tom_hargreaves