Alonso reckons the Brawn GP pace is real

Mook

No, I'm not into the "support a Brit because he's a Brit" - I think Button tried to get clever with the whole exit from Williams and moving to BAR Honda.

I don't doubt he's a much better driver than I'll ever be, but it would just be great if Brawn GP, who really do seem like the under-dog (despite securing $100M of Honda's money for this season) do well.

It'd be great of Barichello shined this year. As last season's old bloke, Coulthard scored some decent points last year, so I hope Rubens can do the same +++

I hope they have got that pace but its far to early to tell. Many times the pace in testing is never shown again in the rest of the season.

I personally think that they are trying to get some sponsors for the car and fast pre-season testing is as good a way as any.

However they are meant to be quick in long fuel runs but are others sand bagging? Who knows, maybe this diffuser issue that Briatore has been complaining about is hurting Renault?

I too hope it's genuine and there is a fair chance with Ross Brawn at the helm.

I think it was 2 years ago that Honda looked great in pre-season testing and by the start of the season they were at the back of the back. Coincidentally when they went all "green" with the livery.

It's true what they say, a good looking car is a fast car. Not may ugly F1 cars have won championships, if any.

Missed that one - what was that about?

It seems that some of the teams are stretching the rules to the limit, Brawn and Williams being the worst.

But others Renault are sticking to the letter of the law and are not stretching it in any way. Briatore had a rant about it but the FIA have said they are happy and apparently the teams stretching things a little clarified things as long ago as 12 months. +++

• 3 weeks later...
Alonso reckons the Brawn GP pace is real

Seems Alonso was right :cool:

Some classic quotes on here from "a Brawn insider" to rub in the nose of the likes of Ferrari ....

“We were looking at everybody else’s times asking why were they all so slow,” :roflmao:

"it is just foolish to just annihilate people all the time,”

Brawn hints it was sandbagging in Oz

• 2 weeks later...

Well we find out today if Brawn et al keep their points or not.

What do people think ? Personally I think they will reject the appeal there is enough controversy going on in F1 already, but then again since when could you predict what the FIA are going to do. :rolleyes::o:grin:

The sooner it's sorted the better. Yeah or neigh - but then Brawn will appeal?

Anyone remeber the grief over the keel designs a few years back in the America's Cup yacht racing? Spying, underwater cameras, tarpaulins over the dry docks when the boats were out of the water......

What a farce that was. F1 is going the same way.

So a bunch of experts who've looked at the cars on track have said "no, they're fine". But the sour grapes muppets at McLaren, Ferrari et al have appealed it, so some "judges", who probably sit sipping champage while getting blown by some hookers (allegedly, of course) can make an "informed" decision.

How can three teams (Brawn GP, Williams F1 and Toyota) "misinterpret" the rules?

What an enormous waste of money this appeal is :rolleyes:

I've just read that Ferrari's lawyer has called Ross Brawn arrogant:roflmao:

I guess they should know+++

Great isn't it. How many championships did Brawn contribute to Ferrari? Now he's not in their gang, his toys aren't welcome in the playground. :roflmao:

I have been a Ferrari supporter for a long time, admired Brawn when he was there and like both drivers but all this bitching is starting wear thin. :(

I like what Brawn's doing with his team, great to see Jenson doing well after his shitty years and hope to high heaven that this 'row' falls flat on it's face. Wonder what could be done to diffuse the situation? :o