2010 British Motor Show axed

billy2shots

I went to it last year at the Excel in London and it was just a complete waste of space, so no surprise really.

Having it where it is is one of the stupidest decisions they've made in a long time - at least you can get to Earls Court or the NEC in a car...

Just general tourism. I imagine families go to the Olympics, not just weird athletics geeks. If it weren't too far away and easily accessible ie Excel again, then it's another holiday tourist spot.

This Government says the Olympics is going to be great for tourism, but are they actually going to organise anything else for them to see or just hope that magically all their money falls out in the streets?

This Government says the Olympics is going to be great for tourism, but are they actually going to organise anything else for them to see or just hope that magically all their money falls out in the streets?

Our money seems to disappear quite rapidly in the UK, so hopefully tourist money will too!

And have any of you guys actually tried to get to the Excel in London? Train to a main station. Tube to Tower Bridge (or wherever), then the DLR to Excel.

No thanks :rolleyes:

Have worked down at the Hilton opposite Dockland Audi a few times and it is a PITA from where I live. Main line to King's Cross, Northern Line then Jubilee and a short walk or DLR.

It is hassle central. Cramped, smelly peasants, ignorant people and lots of boom boom noise from earpieces. I am being paid to do it, but I wouldn't want to pay for the pleasure!

And have any of you guys actually tried to get to the Excel in London? Train to a main station. Tube to Tower Bridge (or wherever), then the DLR to Excel.

Yep drive there for the boat show every year. It's not tooooo bad!

I have for a couple of boat and motor shows. Piece of p1ss. Only a couple of trains, journey time of 1 hour max for me. Getting to the NEC I'd just do what I used to when it was there - not bother.

If I'm really honest, the British Motor Show is carp. They never unveil anything here and as a kid it was a chance to get to see some rare metal. But last year it was full of hippies with batteries trying to make me feel guilty. Frankfurt and Geneva seem to be the ones that matter. Oh, and Detroit if you want a laugh.

Oh and I'd never get the bus there, they're full of Pikeys! If only we had a TsN Motor show Taxi! :grin: