rear sun blind

roger.hooper7

hi.....i've found out why my rear sun blind does not work, i tried pulling it up gently as previously suggested and i found the 2 aluminium arms (not the 2 arms that raise up with the blind) are bent and have snapped off from what looks like the centre control!! does anyone know what my options are? can this be fixed? if so how much and where?

I think the only people that will be able to help you are A8 Parts 01642710010, this happened to my old A8 and Audi wanted something like 600 just for parts. You cannot buy the metal rods on there own and have to buy the whole unit. A8 Parts fitted all the blinds (side & rear) to my S8 for around half that, it didn't come with any from the factory. BTW I find the blind quite handy in blocking all the sunlight hitting my satnav screen and the dash in general, plus its super cool +++

• 3 weeks later...
Just lift the cover of and tap the engine with something hard after u press the button.

So:

Sit in backseat.

Take cover of.

Turn ignition on.

press button.

hit the engine with a screwdriver.

Works like new after that operation....! +++

Mine stopped too.....carried out the above.......and it worked! Lubed all the channels in the runners...still worked.....put the covers etc back on.......still worked, headed out to see a friend, quite pleased with myself....hit the button.....FCUK ALL!!!!!!! Why?