Audi A4 Voice Commands

jwatson

Hi there, I am new to the forum, Audi cars & MMi.

I have a 58 plate Audi A4 Avant Sline 3.0 TDI, with Phone prep low, MMI

I have been playing with the voice commands and have noticed that i can only control the phone section. And the CD, Navigation etc side isnt available. I have tried saying 'navigation help' - 'navigation' etc and it does nothing. Is this an extra option? When i say 'help' i get a SDS Help screen.

Some explination would be great, thanks in advance.

James

Is that a B7 or B8 A4? They have completely different phone and sat nav systems.

If it's a B7 then you have the "normal" voice control of the phone functions only - to get voice control of the CD, sat nav, etc you would have needed a different version of the sat nav unit (the RNS-E) ... or you can apply a software "hack" to enable the SDS (full voice control). Take a look at Audi Forum

On a 58 plate then I guess it's gotta be a B8 A4.

You therefore have what you should have unless you specified the Voice Control option which was £320.

I don't know if this can be retro-fitted. If so I can't see it being cheaper than £500 so I'd have to ask is it worth it? :confused:

The good news for users of the new version of sat nav (3G MMI) is that it comes with advanced voice recognition as part of it and you don't have to pay any more for it.

I asked CraigB (our resident wiz with all things retorfit) a few months back and his response was as follows:

The problem with the A4/A5 is if I make any changes without informing Audi, then when you take it in for service the upgrade may be lost.

As yet we have no update code (SVM) for the SDS option.

If one becomes available then I can do an SDS upgrade for you.

Regards

Craig

Paul