Big wing mirrors - WHY???

DHA

Is there some new EU law mandating huge wing mirrors? The facelifted 3 series has been ruined by the massive wing mirrors and a few other manufacturers are following suit by fitting wing mirrors suitable for a transit van to their cars. Ruins them completely.

Exhibit A (pre facelift E90)

159231_large.jpeg

Exhibit B (facelifted E90)

BMW_E90_Facelift_1.jpg

They look far worse in person.

I've also noticed this trend. On the new A4 they're big but I wouldn't say they help any more as you just get more floor and sky.

I was glad to see the 2010 A4 gets new mirrors but I've no idea what they look like. Surely they couldn't be bigger? :confused:

:coffee: A fashion started by Chelfing Automotive 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Lunge2.jpg

Style. When leading European designer Carlos Paun-Demema was commissioned to create the Lunge style, he was given a simple brief. Create style and power in an SUV form. Carlos applied his creative talent, and stretched Automotive Industry boundaries beyond their natural limits. Taking cues from Germanic build quality, the dashboard features a unique granite finish, leather trim taken from renewable sources and a style surpassing that of all others. Chelfing knows what it takes to deliver style, the Lunge offers a class-leading 9 cup-holders, and an unrivalled attention too detail. When delivering your precious child to kindergarten in a Lunge, you can rest assured it is safe from harm. A drivers airbag is standard fitment, and pedestrian crash testing at the renowned Nanjing University test center revealed no significant vehicle damage at speeds of up to 55 mph. NCAP testing is a future formality*. Like its smaller brother the Razzle, the Lunge features the largest wing-mirrors in its class, you are all-seeing with Chelfing Automotive. An IPod compatible comprehensive in-car entertainment system completes the specification. There are 3 Lunge models for your selection, GL, GLS and the range topping GGLS. You are the Boss, you deserve this style.

;)

If car makers would just stop reducing the visability out of windows we would not need van mirrors or parking sensors.

I would rather have useful big mirrors than some of the tiny style over function silly ones of the past 10 years that are next to useless.