Air con probs

redrob

we have an Audi A4 1.8T cab on a 58 plate and its the time of year when you want the air con on.

prob No.1 does this car have air con because if it does its really well

hidden

prob No.2 if it does. how the bloody hell does it work?

seriously there is a button marked econ but that only blows out warm air

and then that becomes stuck on and wont switch off, when it does the fan comes on like a force nine gale and blows out even hotter air.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i am on the way to the shops to buy a plug in fan that i can put on the dash.

cheers Rob:ffs:

When you push the Econ button you are actually sitching off the air con compressor in aid of economy.

I assume it has an auto button, you switch that on and then jut set the temp and it controles the temp and engages the air con compressor when it needs to.

If you want freezing cold air just set temp to Lo

The system is climate control which is more advanced than just having an air con button

Thanks Cuprabob will give that a go in the morning, is it just me or do people find the Audi air con hard to opperate, its just that in my last 2 cars they had a big button clearly marked "AC" or is it just me ?

if you do answer........be kind.................I am old

we have an Audi A4 1.8T cab on a 58 plate and its the time of year when you want the air con on.

hidden

seriously there is a button marked econ but that only blows out warm air

and then that becomes stuck on and wont switch off, when it does the fan comes on like a force nine gale and blows out even hotter air.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i am on the way to the shops to buy a plug in fan that i can put on the dash.

cheers Rob:ffs:

Econ tries to do the climate control bit without using the air-con compressor. To get Aircon to work just press the 'Auto' switch.

HELP>>>>tried all different ways today, and its knackered. Brand new car and the first time i want air con on and it roasts me.

Once you press auto, how long do you give it, to get cool/cold, I gave it the benefit of the doubt......and on auto and on low it was still blowing hot after 10 mins.

On my last car Lexus IS300 it was immediate and icy, this is nowhere near even cold

worst case senarios please :confused:

Could be that the system has lost it's gas for some reason. This has happened to me when I was on holiday in SW France and it was +30c, when I got back home the dealer couldn't find a leak, they re-gassed the system and it was OK from then on. I suspect that the valve for the gas has not been tightened correctly.

hidden

So you've got the thick end of a 30k car and you haven't read the owners manual?

Bubs tips # 268

When you buy some new stuff RTFM +++

:roflmao: