'White' DC2 - clean & shiny

Arch

So, after Geoffs recommendations, I spent a bit of money at Elite for some new bits and bobs.

1 x Eurow 100% Ultra Plush Sheepskin Wash Mitt

2 x Grit Guard Plus Bucket Sets

1 x Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray 16oz

1 x Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel, Pkg/2

1 x Dodo Juice - "Need for Speed" Cleaner Wax 250ml

1 x Sonus Der Wunder Applicator, Pkg/2

1 x Meguiars Ultra Safe Wheel Spoke Brush

1 x Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

1 x Elite Wonder Glass Polishing Towel

1 x Autoglym Fast Glass

1 x Dodo Juice - "Soft Touch" Premium Drying Towel

The Chemical Guys Miracle Dryer was out of stock so I settled for the Dodo Juice one. I'll need to get another one or two anyway but that one does a good job for now. All I managed tonight, time was pressing on, was a wash with Meguiras NXT and two mitts - new sheepskin mitt for main body and old Megs mitt for lower down. Rinsed and then dryed with Dodo juice towel and some squirts of the Pinnacle Mist spray, good tip Geoff +++. Wheels done with Megs wheel cleaner and brush. Glass done with AG and Megs polishing cloth. I got the Dodo Juice Need for Speed stuff to see what it's like when I haven't got the time (or effort) to do a proper wax. I will invest in some proper wax at some point but i'd spent enough already. :o

Anyway, here's some photos, see what you think. :)

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

Not too shabby for a nine year old magnolia Jap 'stripped out racer for the road' :P hatchback/coupe.

Thats turned out awesome, thats one clean looking white car!

Im glad the recommendations have worked out the white looks perfect and you have a great reflections and wetness too. Who says you cant have it all going on with white!

Crystal Mist is a great quick detailer and esp. with RRP of about £18 Elite have it as a steal!

The back shot or the one above it are my favs!

Is it the 2.2 and how many HP?

Geoff

Thanks guys. Yup. it's a keeper for the forseeable. I nearly changed it earlier this year, for a supercharged Civic Type-R. The Civic was fast (stupidly scarily fast) but it just wasn't worth the extra spend for what is a weekend car these days.

I have a few ideas for this one, nothing major but I really fancy having a crack at getting the engine bay looking like the car just rolled off the line. Chap on the DC2 forum did it, putting mega hours in replacing all the nuts and bolts, brackets and mounts until it was spotless. I'll probably just end up driving it, we'll see. :grin:

It's only a little 1.8 Geoff, 187bhp, just under 9k rpm redline +++

It's only a little 1.8 Geoff, 187bhp, just under 9k rpm redline +++

Thats pretty sweet! I love japanese cars and the engines, so much more personality!

A place not to far imports Jap sports car. I keep seeing these white DC5's? Little Integras based off the last shape Civic coupe i think when 2.2L "type R" around 230HP mans and 202HP Autos.

Thats pretty sweet! I love japanese cars and the engines, so much more personality!

A place not to far imports Jap sports car. I keep seeing these white DC5's? Little Integras based off the last shape Civic coupe i think when 2.2L "type R" around 230HP mans and 202HP Autos.

DC5 came along in 2001. It's a 2L K20 engine, same as the previous gen CTR and delivering 220bhp. Not 100% but I don't believe they ever came with an auto box either. :confused:

I love the look of the DC5, I very nearly bought one of them once too but the driving experience (standard) is not quite as rewarding as the DC2 IMHO. A supercharged one however, that could be a very different matter......:grin: