4.0 Tdi looks interesting...

AudiPartner

I don't think the stuff is there for them AP.

You would also need a replacement climate control unit as the heated seat buttons are in there and display on the main MMI screen when you change them and also on the climate unit itself.

So - centre console out etc etc.

That's what prompted me - just seen a climate control unit with the buttons for £50 on ebay

Didn't that Ed China bloke talk about this very issue in one episode of Wheeler Dealers?  I'm sure he did.

He said you'd "think" the gear was there on BMW's, Audi's, Merc's etc - but it isn't.  They wanted to add them to a car and it was the biggest job they had of everything.  He said it was a case of new seats (and that's exactly what they had to buy) but that was just the start of it.  The wiring and all kinds of stuff needed messing with.

It stuck in my head because I thought he was about to reveal exactly what AP is referring to - that everything would be there but just not plugged in.  Alas, that wasn't the case.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

I've generally found that the wiring loom but none of the components are fitted, and it'll normally only be dealer fit options such as CD Changers.

Having said that, in some cases I have seen things that needed little more than buying a switch and plugging it in, very rare though.