Audi / VW 3.2

shao_khan

I'd just noticed that V6 TT's and 3.2 A3s seemed to be fairly good value for money, so was just thinking as an idea as one for a run around, currently do 400 miles per week on mostly a roads and M ways and was wondering if I could cover that on 1 or 2 tanks of fuel. Really trying to gauge as I really can't remember what my R32 used to do (that and I never paid much attention back then).

Anyone running a Audi / VW with the 3.2 v6? Just curious what kind of economy you get on a run, 400 miles per tank reasonable to expect on a 130 miles dual carriageway/M way trip?

Cheers.

I run a 3.2 A6 avant, it is quattro and has the tiptronic box.

It has a 70 litre tank.

I get around 24mpg round town and short journeys which I think is pretty good, I then get around 28mpg sat at 100mph on the autobahn.

In the UK sat at 75mph I see around 32mpg by the time I get to where I am going.

Tend to fill up at around 340 miles most tanks, and got just under 500 miles from a tank last week, which included going from Norwich to Bromsgrove, Chippenham, and back to Norwich.

I should add that the 3.2 in mine is the fsi engine, I'm sure in the A3 I had for a few days I was getting around 19mg round town and on a run it was a struggle to get it to go over 28mpg by the time I had arrived.