Bumper Colour Match How good is yours ?

shipy

Hi

Had my new A4 B8 just over a month now and really getting to know it, I’m very pleased with the car in general. An annoying rattle in the door (which will have to wait until it’s a bit warmer to sort out), the lack of cruise control on an Automatic (need to find someone local with VAG Com to help retrofit).

But I have to say the match between the colour match between the bumpers and the bodywork is poor, I popped into a dealer on the way back from Cardiff Friday and body-shop manager agreed match is poor but says they're all like it and Audi won’t accept it as a problem. I am the second owner but the car is just 9 months old. I can’t say I find that acceptable. Would take it back to where I bought it from but it’s a 400 mile round trip.

Anyone with any similar problems or can offer any advice please.

Thanks

Mine seems fine ..... which means I haven't noticed but being colour blind I'm not the best to comment.

I know that they do have issues with painting metal and plastic. In the brochure you'll often see colours that are not available on S-lines or S models. This isn't always due to marketting. Often it's because certain colours will take to metal but not to plastic trim and it's the S-lines/S models that have more of this colour coded trim.

Seems strange on red. I can't recall if you A4 is Misano or Brilliant. If Brilliant then I'd expect the flat colour that's been used for many years on all models to have been fine. If Misano then I'd expect it to be fine as it's S-line only.

Weird. Sorry to hear you got this issue.

There are very few cars that have matching bumpers and metal panels these days. I've seen bumpers and wings painted from the same gun in the same oven and they still don't match. It's just a fact of life.

Simples.

My car -

KW_3.jpg

The uppers are a better match to the lowers but are still slightly darker than the metalwork.

There are very few cars that have matching bumpers and metal panels these days. I've seen bumpers and wings painted from the same gun in the same oven and they still don't match. It's just a fact of life.

Simples.

My car -

KW_3.jpg

The uppers are a better match to the lowers but are still slightly darker than the metalwork.

Mine are lighter than the car but don't show in a photo or in bright sun just when the weather is dull. Very little paint on them like the black plastic showing through. Very disappointing my Brilliant red B7 was a perfect match as is my Misano Red TT.

hi im a car sprayer im pretty sure audi issued a tech note reg colour variants on bumpers if i can find it will post it on here,most modern cars have issues with bumpers matching from new i see some terible ones ,remember your dealing with 2 different substrates ie plastic and metal and the paint especially pearls or metalic will lay differently audis are quite noticeable as bumpers fit level with body work ie no flip fords r bad too hope this helps:)

Hi

Had my new A4 B8 just over a month now and really getting to know it, I’m very pleased with the car in general. An annoying rattle in the door (which will have to wait until it’s a bit warmer to sort out), the lack of cruise control on an Automatic (need to find someone local with VAG Com to help retrofit).

But I have to say the match between the colour match between the bumpers and the bodywork is poor, I popped into a dealer on the way back from Cardiff Friday and body-shop manager agreed match is poor but says they're all like it and Audi won’t accept it as a problem. I am the second owner but the car is just 9 months old. I can’t say I find that acceptable. Would take it back to where I bought it from but it’s a 400 mile round trip.

Anyone with any similar problems or can offer any advice please.

Thanks

Hi again, after a rather nasty side wipe on my way to FAiland in September, I had front OS wing, drivers door replaced and rear OS and rear wing resprayed at Audi in Bristol. They did an amazing job, however, when I arrived to collect the car, i too noticed the coulor difference between bumper and car. I pointed this out to the bodyshop Manager, he pointed out the difference in angle. I have to say that he was right. IMHO :)

• 7 months later...