Hid headlight conversions

Staffdog

hi All,

sorry if i'm going over old ground,searched forum & couldn't find an answer to my query regarding fitting aftermarket hid to dip beam on a 1996 QS.

According to my owners handbook dip is monitored for bulb failure ? is this correct & if so what happens when a hid conversion kit is fitted ?.Is there an extra device (capacitance or resistance module) required for each lamp. i have looked at some A8 95> hid kits all seem to just have ballasts,lamps & wiring.

Regards Adrian

i've just fitted a 6000k kit also, and have not had any probs either, again go for it!

How easy are these things to fit? I quite fancy fitting a set but I don't have the first idea of how to do it. There also seems to be a fair range of prices for the kits. What would be a good budget set?

Jon

hi, there plug and play, just 2 wires to connect, the hardest thing is to mount the ballast, i recommend on the back of the light covers. just a couple of screws. you'll need to cut a hole into the cover to pass the wires through.

and go for 6000k if you want no probs, but saying that i've had 8000k in the past and had no probs with MOT's.

good luck and ehjoy, its really easy.

hi, there plug and play, just 2 wires to connect, the hardest thing is to mount the ballast, i recommend on the back of the light covers. just a couple of screws. you'll need to cut a hole into the cover to pass the wires through.

and go for 6000k if you want no probs, but saying that i've had 8000k in the past and had no probs with MOT's.

good luck and ehjoy, its really easy.

Thanks for the quick reply - it is really tempting - they should work well with the projector headlamps.

Jon

• 1 month later...

Fitted my 98 S8 with an hid kit, one with the "slim" ballasts. The ballasts are about 13mm thick, much thinner than the standard items and not that much more expensive.

The beauty of the slim ballasts is that they fit within the headlamp casing without the need to drill any holes in the casing, removing any headlamps or finding somewhere to mount the ballasts.

Took less than 10 minutes each side, most of this time was spent tidying and arranging everything using cable ties. The ballasts were attached to the inside of the headlamp casing using double-sided sticky pads (supplied with the kit).

Bought my kit from HIDS4U.co.uk | HID Kits, car bulbs, wiper blades, decided to go for a quality kit rather than some of the cheaper ones from ebay. No problems at all with warning lights or electrics and passed the MOT soon after fitting.